Kawi Vulcan 900 Classic [Archive] - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums

Kawi Vulcan 900 Classic

Sicaan19
10-27-2015, 09:43 AM
I just changed from a harley sportster to a Vulcan 900 Classic. Was this a bad idea? I couldnt find a reason not to and do not miss my harley at all.

Demolition-Man
10-29-2015, 02:22 PM
IMO it was one of the decision you could have done !

and BTW :
Welcome here !

Cu,
Sven

G. Foreman
10-31-2015, 11:36 AM
Absolutely not. An excellent choice.

Hot Cruiser
11-01-2015, 07:04 PM
Should be fine, but you didn't list your 900's year. If one of the earlier ones keep an eye (or ear) out for stator failure, the only problem I've had with my 900 and a rather common one.

brianwyatt
11-01-2015, 11:39 PM
trying to figure out how i know someone replied. sorry guys

rbentnail
11-04-2015, 09:45 AM
trying to figure out how i know someone replied. sorry guys
Subscribe t the thread. Look at 'thread tools', pick whether you want email or not. Then next time you log in you should see a little bar that says "Welcome...Visited...Private M...Subscriptions" Click subscriptions.

You can subscribe to a thread whether you post in it or not.

kewirider
11-11-2015, 12:26 AM
Well it really depends on what you are aiming it could be a down grade or up grade, but what is important is that you are happy with it.

robgratt
11-11-2015, 06:32 PM
Hi,

I've had my VN900 for about three years now - never had any trouble with it.

I changed the front belt drive pinion for a bigger one to make it a bit less 'fussy' when highway riding.;-)

Mate of mine bought a Harley something-or-other around the same time. Apart from sounding like a truck and costing 3 times the price I didn't see any advantage in it. Sure it could go faster, but then the Harley riders would have to turn their engines off when waiting at lights because they go so hot! Temps in the mid 30s (that's 95 in F) are pretty common here in Australia.

Anyway, as someone else here said 'as long as you enjoy riding it'.

Rob

Stantdm
11-11-2015, 06:35 PM
Nothing wrong with a 900 Vulcan but nothing wrong with a Harley either. Whatever appeals to you the most. The Harley as you know is more expensive to buy new and may have a bit better resale value. I have owned both and right now like my 900 Classic very much. It's not as powerful as the Harley and it is much much quieter. Other than that there is very little difference to me. My 900 might handle a bit better.

Tector
11-11-2015, 07:06 PM
As others have said, whatever you like. When I got the motorcycle bug (5 years ago), I had friends who rode Harleys and who discouraged me from getting one-- over-priced and unreliable was the refrain I heard from many quarters. But if you like a Harley, then why not? I've considered getting a Vulcan 900 myself; love the looks of the Classic LT, and as I get older, a lighter bike would make sense. But I love the fuel-injected Vulcan 1500s: I have a Nomad (looks like a Road King but has water cooling, shaft drive, engine counter-balancers, and bullet-proof reliability); I replaced my sidecar rig that was built on a Moto Guzzi with a rig built on a 1500 Classic (Moto Guzzis are great bikes, but the electrical problems and oil leaks will kill you with the "death of a thousand cuts"); and I just recently bought a Drifter (LOVE the looks of an Indian, but who can afford them, the originals or the current-production ones?). I've also ridden Hondas, Yamahas, BMWs. I guess I'm cheap (Kawasakis are not expensive), and I can't stand unreliable vehicles. So for me, it's Kawasaki Vulcan 1500s. For now. Enjoy your 900. It's a great bike. It's not a mistake to have bought it, as long as YOU don't think it was a mistake. Forget the other guy.

Newwwbie
11-12-2015, 10:36 AM
As long as you're riding and enjoying it brother. That's all that really matters.