Please Help! [Archive] - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums

Please Help!

Killah250r
04-21-2016, 10:41 AM
I'm new to riding and am afraid I killed my bike! Yesterday I hit a patch of dirt on the road and went down, skidding on the left side to the side of the road. Aside from scratching up my left fairing, tearing off the left turn signal, and leaking antifreeze from the overflow my bike seemed fine. She started right back up and I rode her home. However, after taking off both fairings she refuses to start. The headlight won't turn on and she won't even turn over as if the battery is dead. The break lights still work fine though and the right rear turn signal lights up but won't blink to signal. The left rear won't even turn on. Please help I'm not sure where to start!

RoadRunner322
04-21-2016, 11:25 AM
You need to start by reviewing what you did when you took the fairings off. Did you disconnect any wires?

You also need to get a wiring diagram for your bike, maybe a complete shop manual.

Killah250r
04-21-2016, 04:53 PM
You need to start by reviewing what you did when you took the fairings off. Did you disconnect any wires?

You also need to get a wiring diagram for your bike, maybe a complete shop manual.

I double checked that I didn't connect anything or that any wires were damaged but I couldn't find anything. I'll see if I can find a diagram. Thank you!

sfair
04-21-2016, 08:42 PM
What is the year and model of your bike?

Killah250r
04-21-2016, 09:59 PM
What is the year and model of your bike?

It's a 2012 Ninja 250r

Hot Cruiser
04-21-2016, 11:05 PM
Are you certain that you didn't accidentally hit the engine kill switch (usually red) at the handlebar and move it to the engine off position?

Killah250r
04-22-2016, 09:04 PM
Yes, I'm positive that I have the kill switch on the engine on position

sfair
04-22-2016, 10:56 PM
Do you have a flooded cell battery...one that you can add water to?
If so, you may have lost some electrolyte while riding sideways.