Trying to loose the cage. [Archive] - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums

Trying to loose the cage.

Jim_TSO11751
04-22-2016, 06:09 PM
Hello all,

I am the happy new parent to a 82 CSR305. I rescued this poor neglected baby from a storage shed. She has been sleeping for the last 12 years with her heart taken apart. I am slowly finding all of her parts, and she will be back on the road soon.

Alright, full disclosure, she was my brothers and she had a hole in her left piston. My brother started to fix her, but life got in the way. He had got a replacement head and new piston, then moved. Now she is in my garage. I have been a heavy equipment mechanic so these parts are almost too cute.

Now I need to find some rings for her (any help with part numbers would be great),some gaskets for the carbs, tires, and she should be on the road.

wiredgeorge
04-22-2016, 07:29 PM
You might try posting in the Vintage section for better response and part numbers are available from parts fiche from parts sellers like Partzilla.com. If the part is obsolete, find a site that actually lists the part number and then search for it in eBay motors. Part of the joy of vintage bike wrenching is chasing stuff that isn't for sale anymore.

Oh yeah, replace the carb holders/ inake manifolds... cracked and leaking means a hole in the piston crown.

martin-csr
04-23-2016, 09:34 AM
Before spending any money on an old belt drive model, I would check to see if there's a new belt available anywhere or check if it can be converted to a chain drive easily (the 440 belt can be).
New oem belts can be expensive. or aren't available any more.

Partzilla is the easiest site to navigate. Z1Enterprises.com may have some stuff for your bike.