Hello [Archive] - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums

Hello

waldo56
06-13-2016, 09:11 PM
Finally have a shop so can start working, restoring selling bikes here in Nine Mile Falls Wa.

First victim is rough 1980 kz 750 h "LTD" model. Teardown is underway, shocks are being ordered, RaceTech gold valve for the front is next.

Look forward to chatting with all interested parties.

Waldo56

RoadRunner322
06-13-2016, 09:19 PM
Welcome to the forum!

Sounds like fun but I don't know how you could make any money doing that.

martin-csr
06-14-2016, 08:57 AM
Good luck! Being able to get parts at wholesale would help mitigate the costs, but it may still be tight. I would assume you'll also be doing motorcycle repair, so hopefully that will generate some income. Assuming you've got a tire change machine, I would advertise on craigslist. And you might be able to sell some of the take-off parts on eebbaayy or part out anything you find that's beyond refurbishing.

There's a neglected 750H on craigslist here. $750. I've been kinda keeping a eye out for a 750 project bike, but never really did a thorough assessment of how much it would actually cost to refurbish one. so I added up all the stuff that it will probably needs & came up with an estimate of around $2880. ouch. that's almost a worst-case scenario & I've already got stuff from my 650-csr that can be used, but it's still probably going to cost at least more than half that. ouch.