Hello! [Archive] - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums

Hello!

8livesleft
10-12-2016, 03:39 AM
Hi guys,

Semi-experienced rider here. Been riding since 2002. Started on a naked sportsbike then moved to cruisers but I've tried supermotard and sportsbikes.

I just recently sold my last cruiser because it was a bit cumbersome in our chaotic streets which require quicker handling.

I found this forum on google while seaching about the Versys and Vulcan 650s. Same engine but 2 very different bikes and I'm honestly a bit torn between the 2 though leaning towards the Vulcan S since I really like the cruiser look and riding position.

That said, I hope to see you guys around in the forums!

Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

aart
10-12-2016, 09:55 AM
Best advice i can offer, is try to test them both. The only one who can decide what fits you most, is you.

Britmick
10-12-2016, 10:23 AM
Same engine maybe (but I somehow would question that!?!) so if you tell us where you live, what your requirements are, then maybe we could help!!!!8-)

PS, also your age,height & maybe weight...................I own a Versys & a big V twin, so I have experience of both types of riding.

8livesleft
10-12-2016, 06:06 PM
Great advice aart. Unfortunately, Philippine dealerships don't usually allow test drives. But I'll see if some friends would be able to lend.

Hi Britmick,

Kawasaki uses the same 650cc engine for all it's 650cc bikes. They're just tuned differently.

I'm 39, 5'9", 182lbs

Thanks!

aart
10-13-2016, 05:47 AM
Is it possible over there to rent the bikes for a few hours/day?

Btw, i rode them both, they are different bikes, but both ok.
Personally i like some more power.

Britmick
10-13-2016, 09:44 AM
The Versys is a tall bike, you would struggle putting your feet down unless you lower the bike, which is partly defeating the object.
I don't think a cruiser would be good on some roads in the Philippines though, so the choice seems limited.

Do you have the V Strom over there or the Fazer, they may be better for you?

8livesleft
10-13-2016, 09:56 PM
The Versys is a tall bike, you would struggle putting your feet down unless you lower the bike, which is partly defeating the object.
I don't think a cruiser would be good on some roads in the Philippines though, so the choice seems limited.

Do you have the V Strom over there or the Fazer, they may be better for you?
Good point about seat height.

I used to have a KTM Duke 690 and thought that was fine. However, that was also a much smaller bike.

We have VStrom here also. More expensive but not much so. I really like the VTwin on that as well.

Of course the other option would be a standard or naked sportsbike. If I go that way, my options are:

1. Kawasaki er6n
2. Suzuki Gladius
3. Suzuki gsr750
4. Yamaha mt07
5. Used kawi Z1000
6. Used Hornet 900
7. Used Yam XJR1300

Would absolutely LOVE a Kawi ZRX1200 in green tho.

I just prefer 2cyl motors due to initial torque which is more useful here with the constant starts and stops.