New here, need help with a 4Wheeler [Archive] - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums

New here, need help with a 4Wheeler

Alex Ricard
12-29-2016, 01:13 PM
I've had a few croch rokets in my days and now migrated to a 4 wheeler. Got it used on Craigslist, it looks like it's been ridden hard and put up wet a few times! I've only had it a little over a week and everyting has been good until yesterday.
While riding it felt like there was a loss of power, it came back as normal. About 10 minutes later power loss and engine shuts down... It would not start back up, about an hour later it started. I checked the air filter/ air box and everyting looks as it should. It feels like someone turned the choke on then the engine dies.
Same thing happened today after 10 miutes of riding, loss power then shutoff. Waited about an hour and it starts again???

Any advise on where to start looking would be appreciated,

*I checked the choke cable to the carburators thinking it might be broken and staying on but that looks ok, while the filter was off and engine running there is some small backfire going on and bogging down when I rev it up. Fells like the choke is on??? This just started yesterday, it had been running as it should before.

*Before this started yesterday my son ran it out of gas, I filled it up with premium and a little seafoam.

Thanks for your help