New to the Forum [Archive] - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums

New to the Forum

Robinson434
09-18-2017, 02:12 PM
Greetings all,

I was prompted to join this fine group of riders due to some recent problems I had with my own ride. I've learned so much already, so in anticipation of future issues decided to become a member.

I have been riding off and on for about 30 years (when my finances allowed me the luxury of ownership) and my recent purchase was a 1999 VN1500G Nomad with 22,900 miles. In physical appearance, the bike is great. Mechanically sound with the exception of a handful of annoying problems, but so far nothing major. I am lightly mechanically inclined, although I'd like to eventually be able to pull the motor on this bike to maintain it without fear of screwing something up. I've done my own minor work prior, but nothing like an engine rebuild or pulling the final drive. I'd like to keep this bike running for years to come without having to take a second mortgage on my house!

Thanks to all you who have posted about this particular model in the past. It's comforting to know I'm not alone with some of my issues, and that most of them are easily fixed. I hope to learn a lot more as time goes on, and to share some of my issues in search for answers.

Hilts
09-20-2017, 05:04 PM
Welcome to the forum!