Battery maybe causing starting issue [Archive] - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums

Battery maybe causing starting issue

Jackson2116
02-17-2018, 02:32 AM
Hi all,
I have a Kawasaki zzr250 that I bought to start learning on. It started fine the first few days I had it but then I noticed it wouldnt start all. When I would try to start it I would get is a fast clicking sound. I had a look at the battery and noticed that the previous owner must have used thin wire to hold the battery leads to the battery. I checked th battery and it tested fully charged. Was advised by the guy at motorcycle shop to use bolts and screws to hold the leads on. I did that but it still is making the same Sound and won’t turn over.

Has anyone had the same issue and maybe know how to fix this.... horse dentures

sfair
02-17-2018, 04:12 PM
How did you test the battery and verify it is charged?

Jackson2116
02-17-2018, 04:20 PM
Certainly did. Tested at 100%

Jackson2116
02-17-2018, 04:55 PM
Sorry , i miss read that. A friend bought a battery tester over plus the battery is only 2 months old.

sfair
02-17-2018, 11:22 PM
Do you have a meter and know how to use it?

No meter...we can help there too.

CarasDude
02-19-2018, 09:38 AM
A battery can hold a charge, but when you load it, it can crap out on you even if it is a new 1. If the battery cables have been replaced, damaged or too small, that will increase resistance to the solenoid/starter. That "click" is the solenoid telling you its not getting enough power to relay onto its next destination ( starter )..

Try using a jump pack to help the battery elevate its power output and see if that kicks the solenoid. If not, I would look at the wires for damage or pinch points, connections for issues of connection or corrosion.