Fuel Indicator [Archive] - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums

Fuel Indicator

DuceWebber
03-15-2018, 09:51 AM
I have a 2017 Vulcan Voyager 1700B with the gas gauge indicating low fuel at 120 - 140 miles driven. Dealerships response and Kawasaki trouble techs that the dealership calls indicate that is just the way it is and the gas gauge is just a guide. My gas gauge and indicators come on with low fuel when I have about 2.5 gallons left out of a 5.3 gallon tank. The display flashes "FUEL" and the actual gauge is close to the "E" mark on the gauge. Any thoughts on how to resolve as the bike is only 7 months old with 8K miles and has done this since purchase???

stevejinde
03-25-2018, 08:06 AM
First check with Kawasaki customer support in your country and then you can always go to another dealer. My display usually starts flashing when at about 65km (40.3) before empty.

Regards Steve

rbentnail
03-25-2018, 11:29 AM
I have a 2017 Vulcan Voyager 1700B with the gas gauge indicating low fuel at 120 - 140 miles driven. Dealerships response and Kawasaki trouble techs that the dealership calls indicate that is just the way it is and the gas gauge is just a guide. My gas gauge and indicators come on with low fuel when I have about 2.5 gallons left out of a 5.3 gallon tank. The display flashes "FUEL" and the actual gauge is close to the "E" mark on the gauge. Any thoughts on how to resolve as the bike is only 7 months old with 8K miles and has done this since purchase???
I'm curious what your owners manual says about it....