New Member [Archive] - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums

AviatorDave
04-13-2018, 11:38 AM
Hello gentlemen I would like to introduce myself as AviatorDave, and my background is mostly aircraft maintenance and as a flight engineer in the United States Air Force. I've just arrived back in the United States from being overseas in Japan for the last 15 years and it sure does feel good to be back home. I want to make friends back here in the states and what better place than being a member of the Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums.

I'm visiting a good friend in the beautiful state of Georgia and in his garage sits a beautiful 2005 Vulcon 800 Classic, (VN 800-B) looking like it just came off the showroom floor, (I have pictures) but there was one problem dealing with a very small fuel leak around the fuel tank seal. This beautiful piece of machinery had not been started for long period of time.

In my younger years, I tittle around with carburetors so I have a general working knowledge, wish me luck.

I drained the fuel tank and the appearance of the liquid laced with ethanol and had been sitting for long period of time. Please correct me if I'm wrong but does this ethanol mixture degrade available seals specifically the fuel tank seal after a long period of time. Because, I'm having difficulty finding a carburetor rebuild kit, I would even be happy with a needle and seat hardware kit that even that is difficult.

P.S. I need to locate the schematic of the KEIHIN carbuator, CVK, or shop manual for the carbuator which I would galdly pay for.

Rob9876
04-25-2018, 11:54 AM
Welcome to the forums! I don't have the knowledge to help you with the technical questions, but hopefully me bumping this thread might cause others with knowledge to notice the questions. If not, you may want to repost the questions in the Cruisers sub-forum here: Kawasaki Cruisers - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums (https://www.kawasakimotorcycle.org/forum/kawasaki-cruisers/)