New to the forum, been riding about a year! [Archive] - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums

New to the forum, been riding about a year!

_Kodiak_
05-25-2018, 12:31 AM
Hey, all! As the title says, I'm new to the forum, but been riding about a year in June. My first bike that I still have, but it currently borked is an '87 EX500 and my current ride is a '92 Vulcan 88. Bought the EX as my starter bike and couldn't have been happier with it, but it spun the rod bearing(s) recently :( I plan to replace the engine with a good used unit when I can find one, but that'll take a while until I can afford it. After it's fixed, I'll probably give it to my brother to learn on since he's only ridden a dirt bike and that was 10+ years ago. The Vulcan is still a work in progress, I bought it back in December broke down and needing lots of attention! Got it all fixed up and back on the road after paying $300 for it and dropping another $200 or so in parts. Down below are a couple before and after pics of it, first one from the PO where it was parked by his shed and the other just the other day at my workplace.

I'm very happy with how it's come along so far and how much better it rides than the EX, especially on the highway! My old job had me riding 50+ miles a day all highway and doing that on a sport bike isn't exactly comfy....The Vulcan is like a motorized recliner! Again, just so much better and the extra power is definitely nice to get out of a pinch. Looking forward to hopefully double the 43,000 miles on her now :D

Rob9876
06-04-2018, 10:29 PM
Welcome to the forums!