Kawasaki er6-n coolant leak [Archive] - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums

Kawasaki er6-n coolant leak

teomeo
06-17-2018, 09:08 AM
Hello there. I am new in this forum so I apologise in advance if my question is stupid. I have Kawasaki er6-n 650 2009 (33500 km on the clock) since a year and I am commuting to my work almost every day. I am not an extreme driver usually my speed is around 100-120km/h never overheat or overspeed the bike but recently I noticed when I came back from work and when I turn off the bike it starts leaking from the small hose which is connected to the top of the engine (and it's not leaking every day or every time when I turn off the bike its a kind of randomly..!?). The fan is working turning on and off so as far I as know the thermostat working I filled up my coolant reservoir with coolant around 200-300ml because I thought that the coolant is less but still leaking from time to time So my question is what that could be: cracked radiator/hose, head gasket or something else.

I attach the vide and the pictures as follow:
I have a video but I don't have enough post to post the link so...

Thanks in advance

rbentnail
06-18-2018, 09:42 AM
Unfortunately I can't get your pictures to open, that would have been a big help. There are many things it could be and we humans tend to make it harder than we should. I would start with the easiest first- something loose. Go through and tighten all hose clamps and fittings. Another trick that works well is what we here in The States call "baby powder". It's very fine talcum powder, do you have that where you are? When you find some, sprinkle a little dusting in an area. The powder will "capture" the leak so you can see exactly where it is coming from and the needed repair will be determined from that.

I would not be too concerned about it right now as it seems small and it comes & goes. Just be sure to dust only one area at a time, maybe like "forward half, left side" and ride as normal and give it a few days to show up. If it doesn't show, try a different area. Good luck!

teomeo
06-18-2018, 01:54 PM
Thanks!! I will try to find this baby powder in Ireland and I'll try it. I think I don't have enough posts that why you are not able to open the images..will try to upload them soon

rbentnail
06-20-2018, 09:57 AM
I can see your attached pictures but I think you may have uploaded them from a secure source. When I click on one to enlarge it I get

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forum/vbseo_enhanced.php on this server.

teomeo
06-23-2018, 06:51 AM
Hello again. I didn't have time to reply. But I trace this hose and is the backflow air hose from the small reservoir above the radiator. And I made a picture of my oil window on the engine and the oil is a kind of "cappuccino" so I presume there is a coolant in the oil which means there is a problem with the head gasket.

teomeo
06-23-2018, 07:26 AM
Thats the pictures.

teomeo
06-23-2018, 08:16 AM
I still can't upload them..

latinware
06-23-2018, 08:25 AM
It's normal for the hose to bleed from time to time. And related to the cappuccino thing, in general is after the engine is turned off, check it next morning and you will not see bubbles. I have a Versys 650 2008.

teomeo
06-23-2018, 11:00 AM
I just remove the side fairing and start the engine and some bubbles begin to appear in this reservoir. And when the engine warms up when i turn off the coolant begins to boil. Will try to upload the video.

teomeo
06-23-2018, 11:03 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fN9jMm5XuZs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mc7eZnqOlE

teomeo
06-23-2018, 11:04 AM
pics

teomeo
06-23-2018, 11:06 AM
http://www.fishingmarketpro.com/amazonimg/kawasaki/KIMG0195.JPG
http://www.fishingmarketpro.com/amazonimg/kawasaki/KIMG0210.JPG
http://www.fishingmarketpro.com/amazonimg/kawasaki/KIMG0216.JPG

TireSnot
07-02-2018, 06:40 AM
The only way coolant will piss out like that is if your overflow tank is over filled. It just an expansion tank for the coolant. If that was a picture of your oil sight glass it looks like you have a bad head gasket. Combustion gasses getting in the coolant forcing it out. I hope not. But when your bike is cold take the rad cap off and start the engine and if you see bubbles- you head gasket is gone. They also sell test kits at all auto parts store to check for combustion gases in coolant.

yeah that overflow is sitting right over the rad cap. Good luck i hope its not that

TireSnot
07-02-2018, 06:52 AM
It's normal for the hose to bleed from time to time. And related to the cappuccino thing, in general is after the engine is turned off, check it next morning and you will not see bubbles. I have a Versys 650 2008.

On the water pump impeller/ oil pump set ups. You can get coolant in your oil. There are two little seals. One for water and one for oil. Its not uncommon to have these seeping from brand new. My bike is a tad over full so i get a drip of oil when i leave it on the side stand. they have a weep hole for early warning