Octavio CR Versys 300 [Archive] - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums

Octavio CR Versys 300

octavio318
12-26-2018, 11:37 AM
Hi To all, thank you for allowing me to enter this community. I recently bought a Versys 300, second motorcycle and a good quality one. I have some problems with my dealer and I think they screwed up my motorcycle on purpose. So it will be a great help if i can find any suggestion on how to solve the issue that i have. The issue is: consumes more gas than usual, with full tank i used to ride 350km and now i barely ride 270. Engine get hotter easier than usual but thankfully radiator fan works. The engine feels like uses more engine break than usual. Used to feel free and smooth. Im From Costa Rica and definitely i recomend Kawasaki, but not the dealer in my country.

RoadRunner322
12-27-2018, 09:56 AM
I thought I replied to this post last night but must not have. If the engine has two throttle bodies, they have to be synchronized like carbs for the engine to run correctly. I would suspect they screwed up the synchronization of he throttle bodies. That is all I can think of at the moment.

octavio318
01-02-2019, 08:57 PM
I thought I replied to this post last night but must not have. If the engine has two throttle bodies, they have to be synchronized like carbs for the engine to run correctly. I would suspect they screwed up the synchronization of he throttle bodies. That is all I can think of at the moment.

Thank you so much for your suggestion RoadRunner i will definitely make them check that. I was deeply sad why did they did this to me but i will not surrender and make them mend that. Happy new year!

octavio318
01-14-2019, 08:22 PM
SOLVED I want to give an update, with the help of an experienced mechanic and the scanner tool, the problem was the water temperature sensor. The reading that should give when the Radiator Fan activates is 103 Celsius or 217 Fahrenheit approx. But this defective solenoid was giving a reading of 60 degrees celcius or 140 Fahrenheit, which provoke that the ECU deliver more fuel and the overheat of the engine. After replacement of the solenoid, the motorcycle worked smooth and cool again! Kawasaki Versys-x 300 Versys 300