Check out the new Kawasaki Mule site - Page 2 - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-24-2007, 08:05 PM

Mule Problems

My 2004 3010 has been making a grinding sound when I shift to high since I bought it. Now the grinding has gotten worse, idles very high, and really don't have anyone I trust to work on it. Dealer I bought from is a moron , very rude, if I had known that before I bought it I wouldn't have bought from him. But I have had this machine now for almost 4 years, and have had some what good service until lately. Has anyone had this high idle problem and shift grinding with theirs, and what have you done to remedy. Any manuals for sale that I can use to do my own service? Just need help. Thanks, Shasto.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-07-2008, 08:03 PM

Good luck! For being the best they sure don't fix the problems in the newer models.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHASTO View Post
My 2004 3010 has been making a grinding sound when I shift to high since I bought it. Now the grinding has gotten worse, idles very high, and really don't have anyone I trust to work on it. Dealer I bought from is a moron , very rude, if I had known that before I bought it I wouldn't have bought from him. But I have had this machine now for almost 4 years, and have had some what good service until lately. Has anyone had this high idle problem and shift grinding with theirs, and what have you done to remedy. Any manuals for sale that I can use to do my own service? Just need help. Thanks, Shasto.
I sure hope you get some replies as I have the same problem! The only thing the service guy says (in a snotty way) is that just make sure you never slam it in gear as it will break the teeth off something and he's getting sick of fixing them.
Good luck!
Surf

ps; The other problem is the poor design of the 4X4 with the clanking noises.
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 05:28 PM

I DO have need for advice from some smart soul. My MULE fouls spark plugs. It has done it since Day 1. The first dealer to work on it was the San Antonio dealer, when it was only 3 months old. This was back in 1998. He said, "it is getting excessive ahounts of oil on the sparkplugs. You need a ring and valve job." I said, "Incredible! how can this be?" Long story/short: they did a ring and valve job for 'ouch', $975!! I was upset, but I needed my Mule to run, and run well. Ouch #2: the ring and valve job did ZERO to fix the fouling problem. It appears to me that the fluffy, powdery, black deposits on the sparkplugs are GASOLINE-sourced, not lube oil-sourced. I think my Mule is running way, way too rich! Further evidence to support that analysis is the fact that this engine will start on 'most any morning from a cold start, with ZERO joking needed.

Does anyone here know if this Mule carburetor can be adjusted to give a leaner mixture?

scooter78666
San Marcos, TX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-27-2008, 10:33 AM

Tried to look at your site today, but kept getting the following error message:

Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.41 Server at www.kawasakimule.org Port 80
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-02-2008, 11:18 AM

Nice work!
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-11-2009, 01:57 PM
BTK Expert

I hope that we will keep this thread open and get some more comments about our KAWS.
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 05:09 PM

throttel cable pulled to high in idel postion mine did same thing /to shasto
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 06:01 PM
BTK Expert

Look else where in this forum. I think the most reason for fouling plugs is excessive oil getting into the cylinders, maybe from the crankcase vent that returns crankcase vapors and even oil back to the air filter or into the airbox on the carb. I can not visualize a Kawasaki 620 engine needing a ring and valve job before it has at least 600 or 700 engine hours unless something verrrrry strange happened or it isn't serviced as one should be serviced, change oil, filters and air cleaner and supplied with fresh clean fuel and coolant .
Maybe there should be a list published about those dealers like yours. Of course we should also have their side of the story, I know a lot of vehicle owners that have no idea of how to operate machinery or maintain it. Our reliable cars that need very little attention except taking it to the dealer for service when the computer tells us to do so has certainly created a generation of drivers that are spoiled and expect the same reliability from all mechanical devices. Just my opinion..

A high idle speed is a big problem with the belt driven torque converter, since the thing operates off of engine speed. it uses that engine speed to torque up the drive and when it is above an idle the input shaft in the transmission is turning too fast for the gears to mesh without grinding, it is the same as trying to shift a manual four speed in a truck or a rice rocket car without pushing in the clutch. Get a Kawasaki genuine operating manual and a repair manual from the sponser of this forum if you want to be loyal to those that support the site.
Give them a call, they will steer you in the right direction. If their business is good, they will be happy and treat you right.

P.S. I don't have a dog in their pack and don't expect any favors, it just makes good sense to me......
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-31-2009, 12:18 AM

clanking or banging noise when in 4wd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surf View Post
I sure hope you get some replies as I have the same problem! The only thing the service guy says (in a snotty way) is that just make sure you never slam it in gear as it will break the teeth off something and he's getting sick of fixing them.
Good luck!
Surf

ps; The other problem is the poor design of the 4X4 with the clanking noises.
I have a 2003 Mule 3010 deisel 4wd with 353 hours. When I drive in 4 wd either forward or backward, the front end makes a clunk noise like it is binding up, then releases. I go another hundred yards and it repeats as long as it is in 4wd. Sounds like the same problem referred to by SURF

I have had this problem since it was new and it was very mild then. Now it has gotted worse (louder and more violent clunk). Anyone else experience this behavior and know what the fix is????

Thanks for any help. Bob.
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-07-2009, 03:22 AM

Sea Foam

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2WheelFun View Post
Very nice web site there Deb.
I posted this response in regards to the "SMELL OF SEA FOAM IN THE MORNING"

To us old ATV riders who can remember the fat wheel dirt bikes as our first ATV's, Sea Foam has kept us going when most other brands couldn't stand up.

I use Sea Foam in my ATV's, Motorcycles, Jeep, and my FireBird.

"Well Jenny, I ain't a smart man but this is the greatest stuff made since peas and carrots."

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page