Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

2007 Mule 610 Rattle while driving

8K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  kpt 
#1 ·
I bought my 2007 about two weeks ago. The past two days, when I get going at medium speed, there is a rattle coming from the underside. I can't identify the source, I put it on a jack, put it in hi and ran it. No noise at all. It seems to only happen when I'm rolling. Anyone have experience with this issue? I love the thing and want to take good care of it.

#2 ·
Is it 4x4? Sounds like the same thing that happened with my 2510 4x4 Mule which ended up being a loose driveshaft. My initial problem was worn splines on the front pinion gear that caused rattling at all speeds, which I ended up using red loctite to keep it permanently in place. After I did that, I had rattling at speeds above 10-15 mph which was caused by lateral movement of the driveshaft from moving the driveshaft (carrier bearing to front diff) too far forward on the pinion gear. Fixed that with a spacer on carrier bearing.

#6 · (Edited)
Actually, I was just under the Mule. The only loseness I can find is in the front propeller shaft. It seems to rattle where it slides into the U-joint that connects to the carrier bearing. I can find no slop in the carrier bearing or the U-Joints. Has anyone had this problem? Thanks.

#8 ·
Thanks, Imported. I had the yoke out. The rubber boot was not in place. I injected some great into the splines and put the boot back in place. So far, the noise appears to be gone, but I have only driven it a couple of times. I will check the phasing of the u-joints, also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.