Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Kawasaki Prairie loss power

7K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Prairie400 
#1 ·
I have my 1997 Kawasaki Prairie 400 4x4 for over 5 months. Today i went to ride and everything was going well until i noticed it loss power and speed, even it was hard to load it in my truck when before i didnt have any problem and it didnt want to go faster then around 15-20 mph. I removed the carb (2 months old) and i cleaned it but didnt work. Anything else i can check ? Btw i did a compression test and it came 140. Thanks you for your time!

#3 ·
First thanks for your kindly reply and for your time.
I tested the battery today, 14.0V with engine running at iddle and 12.6V without running. I remeber two weeks ago i removed the front fender to paint it and i clean the area with water and maybe some water damage the connetors or regulator.

#4 ·
I replaced the regulator and sadly it didnt fix the issue. I did noticed more voltage to the battery now (14.20V) any other suggestion?
When i removed the plastics i noticed some cables not connected. I dont know if there were like that before. Anyone know what they are for? I cant attach pics they are blue and light brown the other ones are red with a strip and black.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.