Mule 3010 Gas Governor - Page 4 - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-05-2011, 08:53 AM
BTK Expert

Re: Mule 3010 Gas Governor

The EFI mules are electronically controlled by a STUPID dual butterfly throttle valve. One butterfly is mechanically controlled via cable. Then the other is totally electronically controlled by the ECU and it changes its position based on vechicle speed and engine RPM, among other things. so it more or less closes when the RPM gets to 3800 and/or vehicle speed reaches 25 mph give or take. I suppose someone 'could' invent a tuner which would let the max MPH be at an increased speed and the RPM be increased to ~4500 or so. But unfortunately that is the only way to bypass the governor on the EFI's is to do it electronically. Maybe someone could try a resistor in the speed sensor circuit?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-05-2011, 08:55 AM
BTK Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIEPKE1844 View Post
.......and my jeep has a 5901 crate motor 9 over and a blower 1800 hp without the nitrous !!!!! i love to max everything out ,go fast !!!! boats .cars .motorcyles golf carts 4 wheeler's ,planes ,what ever has a motor on it !!1
I want to see pics of the jeep. And a dyno sheet.
post #33 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-05-2011, 12:44 PM

no one has answered my question, post#29
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-05-2011, 03:41 PM
BTK Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by trex232 View Post
Will the motor still be govenered by doing this, will it over rev in low range

Yes the governor still works, although the engine speed is quite a bit higher in both low and high range. The governor works off of the transmission input shaft speed which is independent of the engine speed.
post #35 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012, 02:37 AM

I did this June 2012, and got 6 mph more on gps, cheapest mod I have ever done, cheers fuel man
post #36 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-01-2016, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuelman View Post
I got a request to see pics of the gov adjustments I have done. With this adjustment I was able to get about a 10MPH gain. Now my mule goes 38 MPH according to the GPS. Fairly simple adjustment, I drilled a new hole on the gov arm and moved the existing spring to the new hole, 3/4 of an inch. Made one adjustment to the idle screw to lower it so as not to grinds the gears while shifting.
I just did exactly as shown in the diagram and my mule 3010 trans 4x4 tops out at 29 mph on my gps on level ground, and I also run 26 inch tires with a 2" lift. Will a hole at 1" gain more speed??
post #37 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-25-2018, 05:14 PM

I know this is an older thread but i just picked up an 06 3010 and wanted to see the pics that you originally posted. The pics aren't coming up in this thread for me. Thanks
Edke6bnl likes this.
post #38 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-26-2018, 09:01 AM

Quote:
I got a request to see pics of the gov adjustments I have done. With this adjustment I was able to get about a 10MPH gain. Now my mule goes 38 MPH according to the GPS. Fairly simple adjustment, I drilled a new hole on the gov arm and moved the existing spring to the new hole, 3/4 of an inch. Made one adjustment to the idle screw to lower it so as not to grinds the gears while shifting.
can someone pass along the thumb nail pictures, I believe I now what is being done but a picture is worth you not what.

Kawasaki Mule 3010 2003
live in the High Desert of Southern California
post #39 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-26-2018, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Yes, pictures would be nice. Im looking for any help i can, my mule top speed is 16 MPH by gps and i dont think that is quite right.
post #40 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 06:14 PM

I realize this post is very old...but some of the only info I can find on the mule 3010 governor...I cannot see the pics unfortunately...

Any way to repost or send them to me??

TIA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page