Bridgestone Exedra - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-10-2009, 03:09 AM Thread Starter
BTK Beginner

Bridgestone Exedra

I have a 2005 Vulcan 800 with Bridgestone Exedra front and rear. The front are 80/90 -21 48H L307 and the rear are GS44 140/90 -16

The owners manual calls fron 28psi in the front tires and 32psi in the rear tires.

I've been seeing people recomending like up to 40psi.

What do most people use front and rear tire pressure?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-10-2009, 08:13 AM
Vulcan 1600 Classic
BTK Expert

Send a message via AIM to Cruising
You read correctly! 38 - 40 PSI

You will get a much better handling ride and the tires will wear more evenly.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-10-2009, 09:37 AM
Forgot to grow up
BTK Expert

Look at the sidewall and follow that. Kawi's engineers want you to have a smooth ride. Tire engineers want the tire to perform, ie: wear, traction, stability.
At least thats the way it was expalined to me, and IMO makes sense.

You will feel the road more though, and some don't like it.

07/V2K
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-10-2009, 02:45 PM
BTK Intermediate

I run my Avons at 40 front and 44 rear. Metzlers like even more pressure but increase pressure (but less than the max listed on the side wall) will increase tire wear and reliability,

ON my first set of OEM tires I got barely 12 K out of the front tire. It had cupping and significant left side wear. Since increasing the pressurs, I got over 22K out of my last front tire and it had more to go. On the rear I got 16K and could have gone a bit furthere on it as it had not as of then hit the low tread indicator bars.

R. Todd

Cordova, Tn
HD Road Glide & VTX 1300 C (mine)
VN 900 LT (wife's)
Iron Butt Member Since 9-07
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-10-2009, 03:33 PM
Forum Supporter
Forum Supporter

Go by what is indicated on the sidewall of the tire. Keep in mind, the max tire pressure is indicated for supporting the max weight (also indicated). If you will not be loading the bike with max weight, then reduce the pressure as you will not need that much pressure and only the very center will wear much faster than the rest.

My rear tire max is 41psi, I usually run it at around 34/35 when I ride alone (pretty much 99% of the time). I followed this same guideline with my OEM Dunlop (which are supposedly known to offer lower miles) and was able to get 10K before I changed it. It still had more life left in it, but I have a few big trips coming up, so I wanted to change it before that, and wear it in a little.

- Albert
09 V Star 1300 Tourer
Used to have: 09 900 Vulcan Classic

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-20-2009, 09:53 PM

Seems the theory on tire pressures is all over the place. Still a little confused as to what to run. I had stock Bridgestone Exedra's on my 2006 Vulcan 1600. Just changed the front and back at 11, 000 miles. I thought I would get a little more wear out of the front but I do like to ride aggressive in the twisties. I ride solo and went by the book of 28 psi front and 36 psi rear. I check pressures regularly. Should I be running more psi in my tires?? Looking for the best combination for wear and handling.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 07:48 PM

I have a 2006 Vulcan 900 Classic and just moved to a state in the US that requires inspections. I "think" I'm going to have to get new tires for it to pass inspection. It currently has Bridgestones: 130/90-16 67H Exedra on the front & 180/70-15 76H Exedra G702 on the rear. I have been pricing them and came across the 'new' Exedra Max. Should I stick with the regular Exedra tires or go with the Max?

I'm a solo rider and like to take long country rides. Might do a cross-country one of these days...if that makes a difference.

Thanks for any recommendations you can give me.

Gypsy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page