Rear LED Turn Signal Strip - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-15-2010, 12:29 PM Thread Starter
BTK Expert

Rear LED Turn Signal Strip

So who has done the turn signal strip on the back of their bike? I am looking to do this and move the plate over to the side mount. Wondering how the brightness is and maybe where you got them.

Anyone tried these, Radiantz sells these or something different?

Also comment on the length you went with if you did this. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-15-2010, 01:27 PM
soft drinks & stiff women
BTK Expert

Send a message via MSN to angliam
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-15-2010, 03:44 PM Thread Starter
BTK Expert

Well any of these stick on lights should work. I don't need the brake light portion becuse the custom already has the fender mounted light that won't be going anywhere. I guess I could use it in addition if it can cycle between just lit up, and brighter when on the brake and tie into the existing brake light which I am keeping. But I think I need more than just three LEDs for a turn signal. Want people to see them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-15-2010, 05:27 PM
BTK Expert

Send a message via AIM to jack030
I replied to your email. The strip I have is made my Radiantz. I decided to do just a running/brake light strip because I'm going to move turn signals out with the use of Bullet lights.

2008 900 Custom Candy Lime Green
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-17-2010, 02:32 AM
This snow has got to go!
Forum Supporter

I am really interested in this thread too.

I posted a message on the customdynamics.com forum to find out if they had an array like the one anglaim mentioned. Below is the correspondence:

Quote:
I see that the Mean Streak has a custom-made turn signal array here:

Kawasaki Mean Streak Parts & Accessories

What I'm looking for is the same thing but for the VN 900.

I would also like information on what all I would need to make this work (only as replacements for the stock turn signals I plan to be removing entirely).

It looks like I need a load equalizer and the Eclipze module for higher intensity. I'm not too sure on how all this is wired into my existing electrical system.

Thank you.
Quote:
Hi, sorry we do not have one for the VN900.
Thanks Dave
Well there you have it, short and... well short.

No mention of if the MS array can be made to work, or possible alternatives or even if they are planning to come out with one for the 900,whatever.

Jack030

Can you configure the strip you have to be blinkers?

How much does the whole setup cost?

Do you have a link to the exact thing you got?

Is it very visible in the daylight?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2009 Vulcan 900 Custom Special Edition
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-17-2010, 08:46 AM Thread Starter
BTK Expert

This is what you want. Link. It runs around $70 depending on length. You can even make it a running light/brake light/turn signals. The have additional options too with the integratorz. Don't know why you would want to mess with custom dynamics at $219 when you can go this route. Jack confirmed that it is as bright as it looks.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-17-2010, 09:04 AM
BTK Expert

Send a message via AIM to jack030
Yep, that is the link you want.

I purchased mine directly from Radiantz. They now have a smoked tube available now as well. I originally had a clear tube as smoke wasn't available. I have since upgraded to the smoke tube.

Also note that the setup I purchased is the 1mm spacing. I think there's more that 70+ LEDs in my array!

2008 900 Custom Candy Lime Green
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-17-2010, 11:43 AM
Ed Scott - Old-Time Biker
Forum Supporter

I bought a pair of the short strips like they show in the link you posted in the original post, but they weren't bright enough during the day to make me feel safe. They're fine at night, but I don't ride that much after dark.

I ended up mounting them on the center of my handlebars to use as directional indicators so I'd know if I left a blinker going.

"It ain't the dyin' I'm talkin' about, Woodrow... it's the LIVIN' "

post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-17-2010, 11:54 AM
This snow has got to go!
Forum Supporter

I have thought about that... I heard they (LEDs) are not very visible in the daylight.

It gave me pause but honestly... I don't think it matters to me a ton if people see my blinkers from behind. I need them to be seen from the front. As long as they see my break light, that's the main thing to me as far as what the folks behind me see.

2009 Vulcan 900 Custom Special Edition
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-17-2010, 12:03 PM
Official Bug Taster
BTK Expert

I have been looking at these also. What I am wanting is just a set that is turn signals only. The few that I have seen are brake light or brake light and turn signal. The ones by Radiantz seem to be brake light only. Does anyone know of a turn signal only brand?

His '09 Vulcan 900C SE
Hers '08 Yamaha V-Star 650
In works 1979 Honda 750K

BIMC Louisiana

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page