Oil Check - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-16-2010, 07:31 PM Thread Starter
BTK Beginner

Oil Check

I have a 2006 Vulcan 900 Classic and when it was delivered by the dealer it had no gas in it for transportation reasons but I just check the oil and there is no oil in it that I can see or feel. I stuck my finger in and felt all around inside and didn't feel and oil.
There is also no dip stick attached to the oil cap. When I stuck my finger in I did not see where there would be any room for a dip stick. How are you suppose to know how much oil is actually in it?
My prior bike was a Suzuki Intruder and it had a glass window like on the the break fluid reserve so that you could actually see when the oil was low.
How do you check your oil?
Thanks
Thomas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-16-2010, 08:18 PM
BTK Beginner

Re: Oil Check

There is a glass window on the lower left side near the kickstand on the 2009 and probably all 900's.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-16-2010, 09:36 PM Thread Starter
BTK Beginner

Thanks I finally found it now have to decide on the best oil to use
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-16-2010, 11:40 PM
BTK Expert

OMG dont start this into an oil thread. lol The best oil is CLEAN oil. Just do a search for "oil" or best oil or something like that here. I think there is no less than 10.
Best bet on checking your oil on your bike if you dont have a friend that will come over and crawl on the ground to tell you where its at or you let him sit on the bike and you look is to get a inspection mirror. One of those from the parts store that is like a small mirror on a stick. And I took a black sharpie or paint pen and marked the high and low marks next to the site glass to make it a little easier to tell if the oil was within limits. Good luck and enjoy.

2007 VN 900 Classic (gone but not forgoten) Red 2009 Royal Star Venture

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page