Lean Angle Sensor - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-11-2010, 01:03 PM Thread Starter

Lean Angle Sensor

I am new to the site and have done some searches and have not been able to locate any threads or posts regarding the location of the lean angle sensor on an '08 Nomad. If there is one, someone please direct me to it.
I have had my battery out several times due to starting issues and I've pushed and poked wiring around and I just want to be sure that I have not disturbed the angle sensor in the process, preventing it from operating as designed and or having it work as designed at the wrong time because it is not in the correct position.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Greg "Bedouin" Lozier
'08 Nomad blue/silver
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-11-2010, 02:48 PM
BTK Expert

Re: Lean Angle Sensor

Lean angle sensor? Okay, I'll bite. Is this sorta like a vacuum actuator for power sun visors?

'96 Kawasaki Vulcan Classic 1500

"Happiness is a Colt .45...a cold one and a loaded one"
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-11-2010, 03:10 PM
Gone Out For A Ride......
BTK Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfb92345 View Post
Lean angle sensor? Okay, I'll bite. Is this sorta like a vacuum actuator for power sun visors?
Geeez rfb, yurs not verie smort, doncha know itsa sensor dat tells ya whens yous has the proper ridin position itsa set for da, monkey humpin' a football look, the pickle up you butt look , and the, I'm way to cool fer school look.

But seriously I've never heard of it. I tried search and even the Lord's own answer book: The "Google" Machine and I'm not not saying it's not there, just I couldn't find a posting of that sensor anywhere I looked. Sorry hope you find your answer somewhere, maybe phone a dealership near you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-11-2010, 03:13 PM
BTK Expert

"Pickle up the butt?".............................I will never ride another sport bike, thanks to you....

post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-11-2010, 03:15 PM
but still a NooBie
BTK Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfb92345 View Post
If you drop the bike (for whatever reason) the sensor kills the engine. Unfortunately, they work quite well, and if you lean the bike too far (say, loose footing under the kickstand and it sinks farther than normal), the sensor still believes the bike went down and kills the engine. When you try to crank it, nothing happens.

It will reset itself after a matter of minutes, but the OP is asking the location of the mechanism hoping the he hasn't changed the angle at which it was installed. It would be frustrating to lean into a left curve only to have your engine quit because the sensor thinks you went down.

Get your local dealer to tell you. If they don't know, they should be able to find out where it is.

Silver/Blue 2008 Nomad 1600
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-11-2010, 03:15 PM
Bug Killer Extraordinaire
BTK Expert

Location: Pacific NorthWet!, a crossed the water from Seattle

I believe he is talking about the sensor that shuts your bike off when its been laid down.

sorry, he was quicker at the draw! better explain too! but I think its under the ECM

05 Vulcan 1500 Classic FI
V&H longshots
PC III
VROC #27909

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-11-2010, 03:19 PM
BTK Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twopoint View Post
I believe he is talking about the sensor that shuts your bike off when its been laid down.

I guess that makes sense. I bet it's right next to the airbag sensor.

post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-11-2010, 03:20 PM Thread Starter

No it's a serious question. I'm probably using the wrong terminology, bank sensor, tip over sensor, whatever it may be called. Somebody please set me straight on terminology. Anyway, I'm talking about the sensor that shuts off the fuel pump on FI bikes if the bike tips over. Is there a possibility of this being in the wrong position and shut the bike down when leaned over hard in a corner. I'm sure there are others that may have fun with this but I'm a thick skinned big boy and I can take it.
Greg "Bedouin" Lozier
'08 Nomad blue/silver
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-11-2010, 03:26 PM
BTK Expert

Send a message via MSN to SteelMonkey

Wrong year, right bike......just a starting point I suppose
http://www.powercommander.com/downlo...eng202-411.pdf

I'll keep snooping around on your behalf

2007 VN2000 Classic LT Darkside
VROC #27562
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-11-2010, 03:36 PM
BTK Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedouin418 View Post
No it's a serious question. I'm probably using the wrong terminology, bank sensor, tip over sensor, whatever it may be called. Somebody please set me straight on terminology. Anyway, I'm talking about the sensor that shuts off the fuel pump on FI bikes if the bike tips over. Is there a possibility of this being in the wrong position and shut the bike down when leaned over hard in a corner. I'm sure there are others that may have fun with this but I'm a thick skinned big boy and I can take it.
Greg "Bedouin" Lozier
'08 Nomad blue/silver
No.........I believe you. I just don't know anything about it. I'm just in a silly mood this morning.............Had a weird dream last nite and I'm doing my taxes. Getting a big refund, so that would make anybody happy and silly.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page