Wasted motor, sad face - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 05:44 PM Thread Starter

Wasted motor, sad face

Hi everyone, I was riding my 03 meanie 1500 home yesterday and it never made a bad noise just shut down then started rite back up another 1/2 mile and did it again on inspection NO OIL well Damm, I don't know where the oil went 3 days ago it was full (doesn't matter the engine is siesed tight as a frogs well you know really sad face ) does any one have good leads on another engine other than the usual eBay, Craig's list and so on ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 07:08 PM
BTK Expert

Some of those fleabay sellers are bike salvage yards and they are reputable for the most part. Pinwall usually has a video of the bike running before they part it out and even do a dyno run to test the engine.

1985 Kawasaki ZN700 Shaft, 4cyl
1989 Yamaha Venture Royale
2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 09:27 AM Thread Starter

Angry

Are the 1500 and 1600 engines interchangeable? Same outside size? The height is what I am worried about, everything else looks exactly the same rite down to the wiring.

The bad luck has to stop sometime, six months ago i lost my mother, three weeks ago i lost my wife, and Thursday i seized the motor in my favorite bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 10:47 AM
BTK Expert

Sorry to hear about your misfortunes. Stuff happens sometime. I lost my father and brother within 3 months not long after my divorce years ago. So, persevere and keep trucking!

1985 Kawasaki ZN700 Shaft, 4cyl
1989 Yamaha Venture Royale
2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 12:06 PM

yes. 1600 will replace 1500 Vulcan engine. Only real difference was longer stroke crank. Meanstreak has different cams I believe, but other Vulcan motors should still fit and run OK. Use all your original accessories. You can even mount the Fuel Injection motor in an earlier carbureated bike using the carb by simply drilling and tapping 1 intake bolt hole in each head to fit the carb intake. (FI intake bolt holes were offset differently). I do not know for sure if the carbureated 1500 would replace a Fuel injected motor. You would need to check the heads to see if there is material there to drill and tap for the FI intake. (Should be, but not positive myself)

Good luck

2004 Nomad (sold)
2016 Versys 1000LT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page