2003 kx125 fouling plugs - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 05:13 PM Thread Starter

2003 kx125 fouling plugs

i am looking into buying my friends 03 kx125 but the only thing is that it keeps fouling plugs he bought it used like that so he wants to get rid of it. i was wondering what may cause this i no that he is running 32-1 yamalube and my friend with a yz85 is running 40-1 blenzol should i run like 36-1 or just go straight to 40-1 blenzol...??? plz help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-28-2006, 05:22 AM
I Hate Onions!!!
Forum Supporter

Just seen your other post, Listen to Crogg about the jetting, he knows alot...
Anyway, I had the same problem on my bike, fouling plugs quick. This is what I tried, change the plug from a 9 to an 8, was recommended by bike shop, dont know why. Changed fuel mixture from 32:1 to 34:1 and it worked. No more plugs fouled. But before I did all that, I raised the clip on the jet needle from position 3 to 2 then 1.
But my carb was in the hands of an idiot, realized that after I bought it. Going to buy a new carb soon and then going to ask Crogg about jetting it. You hear that Crogg, just a heads up bro... lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-28-2006, 09:07 AM Thread Starter

well today is gonna be my first ride on my kx125 i just picked it up lastnight im changing to 40-1 ill keep u posted on fouling or not ok about the clip my dad wants to take it in for a service so im sure if i tell them they will figure it out there a pretty good dealer/shop cyclemax.net
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-28-2006, 05:37 PM Thread Starter

hey i just got back from riding it was perfect i used the br9es and 40-1 yamalube i almost fouled the plug once but that was my first time owning my own to stroke thanks for the help
post #5 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-28-2006, 09:44 PM
Hey, lemme ride your bike
BTK Expert

If you are running it at 40:1 instead of 32:1, you will be allowing even more fuel into the cylinder. Imagine taking a big tug on a watery milkshake vs. a thick one.

If all esle fails, buy some jets and make one change at a time. You can do what your friend didn't do.
post #6 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 07:13 AM Thread Starter

well i mixed 40-1 and ran 1 tank fine i almost fouled one plug but its cause i had to keep my bike quiet so people didnt call the cops. lol gotta love 2strokes. but it seems that if i take it easy even for a little (1 min)it trys to foul. my friend has a yz 85 and its great with not fouling plug were running the same mix and plug. both out jet settings are stock. do u have any recommendation for this problem...?? thanks for the other help
post #7 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 06:36 PM
Hey, lemme ride your bike
BTK Expert

Are you interested at all, whatsoever any making ANY jetting changes at all of any sort or type?? Thank you.
post #8 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 10:39 PM

I know this is a old thread but I got the same problem. I bought the bike and already went through 8 plugs within 2 weeks. About to buy a Iridum plug and see what happens. Already upgraded to a better heat range plug and still fouled it.I also get the same problem when I have it at a low rpm it runs like crap. Then I get it in the powerband a couple times it runs great. But after some hits on the power band it dies pretty quick. (Fouled a plug in 30minutes one time) It runs brand new tho every time I put a new plug in. I really don't want to touch the jetting but is that my only hope? I tried 35:1 40:1. I'm gonna mix some 30:1 and see what happens. Played with the spark plug gap a little. Didn't make a differnce. Email me at [email protected] if you got any tips.

Thank you!
post #9 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 11:26 AM
BTK Expert

You can clean the plugs off. Anyway your jetting is too rich. The plug is black and oily?
post #10 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 02:52 PM

You can clean off the plug to get it to work. I checked the spark on one that was dieing and the spark was pure white. Then the spark all together just stops. The electrode was not even touched.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page