04' KX 125 loading up on bottom end? bogging Bad!! - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-26-2006, 09:47 PM Thread Starter

Angry 04' KX 125 loading up on bottom end? bogging Bad!!

hi guys, I just purchased an 04 kx 125 and as long as you keep it on the pipe its fine but at low speeds or off the line it loads up bad!!!!!! It's almost to the point where it would foul a plug... I am running a BR9EG (ngk) plug but i'm not sure thats the whole problem? I was told that the bike is 100% stock, but someone told me the carb could be out of adjustment or the power valve could clogged or gummed up?? Has anyone else run into this problem?? If so please tell me how to fix this, it runs like crap now and at low speeds it smoaks really bad..... thanks for any help or advice!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-27-2006, 01:05 AM
***Vintage Rider***
BTK Expert

The pilot jet controls fuel flow from idle to 1/4 throttle. The needle jet controls from 1/4 to 3/4 throttle, so depending on just where you are having the problem will determine which jet is too fat,assuming that is actually the problem You might pull the jet needle out of the carb & see where it is set. Just unscrew the cap on top of the carb & slip the whole assembly out to inspect, being careful not to bend the needle. The stock position is #3 slot. Since there is often some overlap in the throttle positions above and if the needle is in #3 already you might try dropping the needle to #2 slot and test ride. If the needle is in #4 slot from the top, drop it to stock position & test. Then if the problem still occurs,do the above .
If none of that solves the problem pull the pilot jet to see if is stock size or fatter. If fatter buy a stock size & try that. If you have the manual it should give you the stock jet sizes.

02 Mean Streak, Jardine 2/1 pipe, hiway bars w/pegs, floor boards,ISOgrips w/throttle boss, Kriss head light modulator, Corbin Young Gun ostrich saddle, etc.
660 Yamaha Raptor sport quad for the dirt.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-27-2006, 01:09 AM
BTK Beginner

Where to start?

1. Needle clip position
2. NGK Iridium plug
3. dirty air filter
4. worn piston/rings= compression
5. stuck power valve
6. GET A REPAIR MANUAL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-27-2006, 09:13 AM Thread Starter

Question Factory Plug??

Does anyone know what the (ngk) #'s are for the factory plug?? or what others running that is working for them?? any other advise.... thanks!
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-27-2006, 09:26 PM Thread Starter

Ok, i just moved the clip to the #2 spot on the carb needle clip and it still is loading up bad..... any other suggestions before i break the bank and take it to the repair shop???
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 04:56 AM
BTK Intermediate

Sounds like the chokes on!!!
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 09:39 AM Thread Starter

Exclamation Choke???

the choke is pushed in?? but could it still be on?? if so how do i adjust it?? please help... also should i move the clip on the needle down to the #1 spot... i've got it on the #2 spot now!!! also what plug should i be running??? thanks!!
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 09:25 PM
BTK Beginner

1. TRY a NGK BR9EIX plug http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NGK-I...spagenameZWDVW

2. What kind of oil are you using?
3. What ratio do you mix? 20:1, 32:1, 40:1?

4. Clean your air filter every 4-6 hours of use!

5. What is the compression reading?
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 09:35 PM Thread Starter

Question snowstormrider! thanks for the reply....

I am running 4oz oil to 1gal of gas. Is this to rich??? Also i will try that plug tomorrow!! I just cleaned the air filter a week ago! I think the oil is CS N2 or something like that (got it from my local dealer) any other thoughts?? where should i set the needle?? thanks for the help!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNOWSTORMRIDER
1. TRY a NGK BR9EIX plug http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NGK-I...spagenameZWDVW

2. What kind of oil are you using?
3. What ratio do you mix? 20:1, 32:1, 40:1?

4. Clean your air filter every 4-6 hours of use!

5. What is the compression reading?
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 10:19 PM
BTK Beginner

If you have a worn piston or rings, the motor will probably run rich. They can wear out in 20 hours of racing to 80 hours of regular use. My son's bike had 132 psi compression and it ran rich.

You can try the clip in the #1 position for a short while. I would use full synthtic mix oil, to help prevent the power valve from getting stuck from carbon buil up.

Check you power valve by removing the rubber boot, starting the bike, warm it up somewhat, and juice the throttle. The power valve should move out when juicing the throttle, and return back in when at idle.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page