Major problem..fuel running out of carb..kx-125 - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-21-2007, 12:23 AM Thread Starter

Major problem..fuel running out of carb..kx-125

Well this problem has came and gone, but now it constantly drains gas out as fast as possible. It is coming out of the bottom of the carb in the back, the line that comes out there. I also have a problem with the bike bogging in first gear. What would be causing this? Could the problems be related? Thanks alot for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-21-2007, 12:47 AM
Eddie Lawson is God!
BTK Expert

Yes, float needle is sticking. When you're done fixing the carburetor, change oil.

1982 Kawasaki KZ1000R1 #658

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-21-2007, 12:54 AM Thread Starter

where can i order a new one? any place online that is better then the next? and where can i look up the part number? do you think that my bogging problem could be related? thanks alot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-21-2007, 10:30 AM
BTK Expert

I would call BearTooth Kawasaki to get the new float needle. Yes, the problems are very likely to be related.

Exempt
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-21-2007, 12:55 PM Thread Starter

well just called them and ordered a new float needle (pin) 8 bucks later and i should have it within a week. Hopefully it takes care of the problem. can i take the carb apart and try to clean the needle for the time being?
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-21-2007, 04:06 PM
BTK Expert

Yeah, you might be able to get it better, but only a new needle is going to completly fix it.

Exempt
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-21-2007, 04:59 PM

i have tryed a new needle in one of my carbs but didnt fix the problem might be somthing else ?
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-21-2007, 05:17 PM
BTK Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by alihugo View Post
i have tryed a new needle in one of my carbs but didnt fix the problem might be somthing else ?

What bike are you talking about? A street bike with multiple cylinders/carbs? If so, replacing the needle in one carb, isnt going to fix the other one for you.

Exempt
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-21-2007, 10:50 PM
BTK Beginner

If you have a conventional dirtbike carb, and have replaced the needle and seat, and still have a gas overflow problem......then you might want to check if the float is moving freely inside the carb.
Open the carb, and with the bottom off, gently push the float up and down.
You should be able to see it pushing the needle into the seat with no resistance.

You may also want to check the float height whilst it is open.
It took me a long time to get mine set correctly after purchasing the bike secondhand. Mine was overflowing same as yours.

Also, when re-installing the carb to the bike, make sure it is in the correct vertical position (mine has small markings on the carb and rubber boot to line up).
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-22-2007, 02:29 AM Thread Starter

i took the carb off today again to just check it out...the float moves freely and everything is clean as can be. After i did that i just put it back together and now it runs fine(1st gear still doesnt open up) but its ok, and no fuel is running out. Why would the bowl be gettin so full that it reaches that overflow thats way at the top of the bowl? The needle and seat should be here next week. How do i go about putting that in?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page