Seat latch assembly 2001 ZRX 1200 - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 05:07 PM Thread Starter

Seat latch assembly 2001 ZRX 1200

Hey you all. Picked up a 2001 ZRX 1200 this past weekend, only 8k miles. Still a site of beauty but you can imagine what the innards look like. Great 'Ol Skool project for me. Tank is off and need of a rust decontamination, carbs have been rebuilt, some mice got to some of the wiring (fixed), and mud wasps have been evicted. Was eager to see if she'll turn over so a new battery was hooked up and she'll turn over. Few more hours of toil and hope to have her street worthy. Paint is amazing except for a few small tar spots. Feel fortunate to have it.

Need some help: The seat did not come with the underside bracket attached. Our salvagers on Ebay have a few latches, but they are the female portion which attach to the subframe of the bike itself. I am looking for what I am assuming is a male portion of the bracket assembly which attaches to two bolts to the underside of the seat. Parts schematic from Kawasaki does not show the underside of the seat; therefore, I'm not sure of what it looks like exactly. Been to a Kawasaki dealership and calls into online gear shops all want me to either buy a subframe or another seat. Don't want to go there! Again, only looking for the male side bracket from the underside of the seat which would lock into the female portion of the assembly which is already attached to the subframe. I have two bolts coming out of the bottom of the seat which I am assuming are the fixtures where the assembly goes. Those two bolts are missing their nuts though . Probably ended up with the male assembly

I tried to attach a pic of the underside of the seat but no joy, won't transfer. Need a few folks who identify themselves as Detective Parts on this. Any help on locating this assembly would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page