600cc - 900cc - Page 86 - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #851 of 856 (permalink) Old 07-26-2018, 04:31 AM
BTK Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keviar Baldwin View Post
So there's oil coming from my gear selector and I didn't notice it until I tried to down shift "without using the clutch just started riding like 2 months ago" and it wouldn't go down. I pulled over and I had a slow but steady oil drip and was able to track it down after about 20 minutes. Anyone know what this is and how I could fix it. Would be much appreciated.
The shifter shaft has an oil seal around. Don't know what bike this is, but this is in general easy to replace.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #852 of 856 (permalink) Old 08-09-2018, 07:16 PM

03 zx6r Throttle body issues, or maybe ECU

This is my first post, I have an 03 zx6r and have some questions for my fellow Kawi people.

So, I've looked everywhere! When I turn the key to start the throttle body secondary shutters close (bc they're already open). After they close they open back straight up and don't go back down, they just try to open more it looks and sounds like. I've replaced the throttle body completely and it keeps doing the same thing. I've just ordered a new ECU and hoping that fixes it. The bike wont start and if it does, it runs like complete ****! Ive literally taken out ever sensor and checked resistance and all come back with good readings. I took the bike apart and the motor sat for 2 years with no fluids in it, all ports where plugged. I have had it running but thought the power commander was messing it up so i tried flashing everything. I think thats how the ECU really took a **** in the first place. So I unplugged it and it ran like 5 times good but not again after that. Any comments and suggestions would greatly be appreciated! Thanks guys
post #853 of 856 (permalink) Old 08-11-2018, 08:21 PM

So..... no one can tell me the proper way the throttle body secondary shutters are suppose to function?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #854 of 856 (permalink) Old 11-25-2018, 05:58 AM

I think it all depends on how you ride it... i have the 750 and am getting between 100-120 miles a tank. if i ride the freeways, i get less, if i'm just out cruising around town, i get more.
post #855 of 856 (permalink) Old 03-09-2019, 12:32 PM

hi folks i need some help i just bought a 2001 zx6r form a collage kid i have never owned a bike he had said he layd it over an it wouldnt start i put an new battery in it yesterday to see if it would crank all its doing is clicking further looking at things i noticed gas in the oil like i said iv never owned a bike could someone help me out plz
post #856 of 856 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 01:46 PM

Anyone know where I can buy a motor for an 02 600 ninja?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page