Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1982 gt750

4K views 15 replies 4 participants last post by  martin-csr 
#1 ·
hi i was wondering if anyone knows a good website that sells spare parts for my 1982 GT 750?
Also would anyone know if the Z750 fork yokes and top fork crown fits the GT750 forks?
I look forward to your reply, Thank you

#4 ·
I would not assume the fork parts from another model will fit. I know of a guy w a Euro 650-D4 who tired some different KZ/Z fork caps from very similar forks, but they didn't fit, I think from an earlier 650D or maybe a a750E.

#7 ·
Try cmsnl dot com. The Kawasaki GT750 wasn't sold in the USA, so it isn't going to be listed in most of the parts diagrams as most of the diagrams are only for the North American models.

However, cmsnl dot com has the diagrams for several Z750P GT750 models >> the earliest model I saw was the 1984 Z750P3. I don't know if the 84 P3 stuff would be the same as the 82. cmsnl appears to have the P3 fork spring guides & P3 fork seals. I would note the part numbers & any superseded part numbers for future reference. I saw one fork spring guide listed on EB.

#14 ·
Its an 82 KZ750P.

I was hoping to swap out the handle bar set up to a different style. And to do so i needed to replace the top crown. I also need to replace the fork spring retainer bolts as mine look like someone has tried to loosen them with a hammer and chisel instead of a socket. But at the moment i think I have found a new set of fork bolts on a site. And I am just going to get an engineer to make me a new top crown and fit a set of bar clamps to suit a different type of handle bars.

#15 ·
By kampalms: Its an 82 KZ750P.

I believe the GT750 is a 750P, but I don't know if it would've been listed as a KZ750 or Z750. KZ was kind of a USA thing & not an acceptable moniker in Europe. My guess is that your bike is a Z750-P1 GT750. There isn't an 82 listed at Cmsnl dot com, but there is an 84 Z750-P4 GT750 (the side cover emblems say GT750). Z750-P4 would be a specific model & GT750 is a marketing name for that line of 750Ps. I have an 81 KZ650-CSR >> it's a KZ650-H1 & known as the 650-CSR or CSR650.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.