Voyager XII - Page 2 - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-23-2010, 08:49 PM

armrest

thx went on the site didn't see any armrest for the voyager just the wings. Also their is no image when you log on. Was trying to get a set before rolling thunder. I looked on the whole website and couldn't find any.
Meatloaf
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-18-2011, 03:18 PM
BTK Beginner

Re: Voyager XII

Arm rests for the Voyager XII can be done using the Honda GL1200 Arm Rests sold on e-Bay:

Passenger Arm Rests Goldwing GL1200 - eBay (item 380316378520 end time Feb-19-11 19:11:48 PST).

They attach using a bolt, just below the passenger seat, along the frame. They are pretty much a universal arm rest -- they can be attached to any bike that has a bolt in the right place... I bought mine, brand new, after-market accessory, for around $130. I used them on my 1979 Honda CB750K, first, then I moved them to my 1993 Voyager, when I bought it as my main touring machine. They are fully adjustable, except for vertically. I bolted them onto my Voyager, and they are at the perfect height. Wouldn't ride without them. Cheers!
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-18-2011, 07:56 PM
BTK Expert

I test rode one a 2002 Voyager II priced at $4k (32k miles) and the noisy transmission turned me off. Kawasaki uses straight cut gears that are more durable and noisier. They are a great used motorcycle value for sure. Afterwards i test rode a 2006 Honda Goldwing with only 8k miles. There was nothing I did not like about that Goldwing. But, the dealer was asking $17,900 for it. The Goldwing has a much lower center of gravity than the Voyager and is easier to handle around town.

1985 Kawasaki ZN700 Shaft, 4cyl
1989 Yamaha Venture Royale
2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-07-2011, 08:47 AM

I ride a 1999 Voyager. I had a set of Dunlop tires on it that made the ride fell like mush. I upgraded to Contenental's with stiffer sidewall and it made a big diffrence, (Road rain groves are less noticable).
Also added a Superbrace. I watch the air pressure in the shocks but it doesent need adjusting very often. On my trip down The Dragon Run I was quit impressed with the handling, Fully loaded and two up. This Spring I will replace the fork oil, Seems to be some confusion on the proper amount to have in the forks, but I will sort that out. All and All very happy with this bike. 1/3 the price of a Wing.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-28-2011, 12:12 AM
BTK Beginner

The proper amount of oil in Voyager XII forks is 335 cc per leg, and 15w or 20w fork oil. This info was told to me by the service manager at my kaw dealership.

Larry
VROC # 4737
Patriot Guard Rider
02 1500 Nomad
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-28-2012, 01:11 PM

My '95 VII does wonder a bit. It tends to follow the contour of the surface I am riding it on, but I just go with the flow. Of course, it has 80,000 miles on it and I am running a B.F. Goodrich GT Radial on the back and it has 30,000 miles on it. It really wonders when I bolt the sidecar to it.

I have a new pair of E3's out in the shop which I will be putting on in the very near future. That might improve the handling a bit. It might need wheel and steering head bearings.

I almost bought a GL1500 this week, but I wasn't fast enough. Oh well, I still have my $6000 and I don't think the VII will leave me stranded for at least another 50,000 miles.
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-02-2012, 02:36 PM

I have owned 2 Voyager 12s. Tire tread will make for a slight wander when driving straight. Highway tread will end that problem. The noisey transmision is a simple adjustment ( I remember living with the whine for a complete 10,000 mile trip). The Voyager 12 is one of the lightest full up cruisers and you must adjust rear shocks when loading it down. That said if traveling any stretches of dirt or gravel road I preferred it by far over my GW.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-03-2012, 08:02 AM
BTK Intermediate

You may also want to try putting progressive springs in front shocks.
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 07:36 PM

i have 2001 voyager 28,000 miles getting noise, sounds like from final drive anybody have similar condition?
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJ View Post
I have an opportunity to purchase a 2002 Voyager XII with 4,700 miles on it. In researching the cycling press reviews a recurring compliant is the tendency to "wander back and forth" and have a hard time maintaining a straight line. What has been the experience of some of you who own Voyagers in this regard? Is it true? Is it correctable and if so, how? Also, is an intercom standard on all models? I have been unable to find any intercom connections on this bike.
So, did you purchase the bike? What updates do you have?

Bravery is not a lack of fear, rather it is what you do while facing it.
The Facetious one

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page