Voyager XII - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-02-2006, 09:54 AM Thread Starter
DrJ

Voyager XII

I have an opportunity to purchase a 2002 Voyager XII with 4,700 miles on it. In researching the cycling press reviews a recurring compliant is the tendancy to "wander back and forth" and have a hard time maintaining a straight line. What has been the experience of some of you who own Voyagers in this regard? Is it true? Is it correctable and if so, how? Also, is an intercom standard on all models? I have been unable to find any intercom connections on this bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-02-2006, 11:20 AM
Eddie Lawson is God!
BTK Expert

I've ridden dozens of them and never once has that crossed my mind.

1982 Kawasaki KZ1000R1 #658

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 02:13 PM

I own a 2000 voyager. They run great, but the front end does wander a little. You can get a superbrace which supposedly fixes it. The superbrace costs about $100.

I love the bike and the way it rides. It is tight in corners and runs straight. The only time it wanders is on very bumpy roads. I have not riden a bike yet that doesn't

Basil
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 01:56 PM
aad

join the voyager forum and we wil help you to get it oke
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 12:13 PM
BTK Expert

My wife and I tour on a 1988 Voyager XII. It doesn't wander. The fork brace would be nice as the forks DO flex a bit in hard corners but the bike doesn't wander in a straight line. I personally would have liked to have taller front and rear tires (they are 16" and 15" respectively) for a better ride as the smaller diameter tires ride a bit harsher over choppy roads than do taller tires... I always liked the 19" / 18" combo but it isn't that much of a problem. The AVA site and links to the Wizard's site from there will provide about as much tech stuff on the Voyager as you can stand.

wiredgeorge
Texas Hill Country
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-23-2006, 09:00 AM
BTK Expert

No Wandering Here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJ
I have an opportunity to purchase a 2002 Voyager XII with 4,700 miles on it. In researching the cycling press reviews a recurring compliant is the tendancy to "wander back and forth" and have a hard time maintaining a straight line. What has been the experience of some of you who own Voyagers in this regard? Is it true? Is it correctable and if so, how? Also, is an intercom standard on all models? I have been unable to find any intercom connections on this bike.
I owned a '93 Voyager XII and I don't remember it "wandering". I did install the previously mentioned Superbrace and it did seem to make a positive impact in the overall handling of the bike. For my money the Voyager XII handles great and in fact the only other touring mount that I feel can match or best it would be the GL1800 (I owned one of those as well) and has been noted for years when it comes to the "bang for the buck" equation the Voyager leaves them all in the dust. Just my humble opinion.

Ride safe and often,

Don
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-25-2009, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJ View Post
First off ,straight line tire tread will make ANY bike wander, go for cross pattern always... Second, airshocks need to be adjusted to load conditions, dah! I have 25yrs experiance on roadbikes, with 40,000 miles on my 2000 Voyager XII alone. Anybody says they can't drive in a streight line on a Voyager needs to stop drinking and driving !!!
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 06:32 AM

I've owned 2003 and no issues. Note my only bad happening with the bike is the air shocks must be adjusted with correct air pressure. I had it lose air pressure on bumpey road, noted after a stop I started out and found out front end was total mess.... could not maintain control till i placed air in front shocks carry small pump now!! This was a crash happening moment so Voayager riders beware! Air Shocks need to be looked at and maintenance done.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-23-2010, 04:25 PM

Smile armrests

I have looked all over for armrests for my 2001 voyager with no luck anyone know where I could get some?
Thx
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-23-2010, 04:40 PM
IBA#34418
Extreme Forum Supporter

Send a message via Yahoo to pat0021
try OEM Parts Kawasaki Voyager XII (ZG1200-B15) 2001 2001 ZG1200-B15 (QI) KMM.LUMINOUS VINTAGE RED / PEARL LUSTER BEIGE - Cheap Cycle Parts

If you like your freedom thank a Vet!
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour!
U.S Navy Vet

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page