Welcome back! I had a much longer layoff when young with a family, about 15 yrs!
I'd start with basic maintenance outlined in your owners manual. Don't attempt to start he bike yet. I'm not too sure of the particulars so some searching on your part will be necessary:
- remove the battery and charge it. I prefer a slow charge like a battery tender jr but any charge will do for now. Be prepared to buy a new battery if applicable.
- change the engine oil & filter. Does your Mean Streak have the oil screen? My '04 1500 did. Clean it if applicable.
- drive system- belt, chain or shaft? Do what applies, inspect/clean/lube as applies.
- replace brake fluids and if you have a hydraulic clutch replace that fluid too. Make sure the front & rear brakes work!
- tires- inspect & air up now. If there's a little cracking on the sides don't worry about it. In a week check pressure again, if any is lost replace the tire.
- check pivot points like clutch & brake levers and shift/brake levers, lube as needed. Don't want any surprises there.
- the biggie- fuel tank. Remove, empty and clean. Refill with non-alcohol gas and fuel treatment. There are many to choose from. I prefer Berryman's B-12 or Star Tron.
- put the bike in neutral and roll it. Make sure the clutch plates are stuck together. Don't want a bike lurch when you start it up.
Now attempt to start it. We'll deal with other things from there. Best of luck, be safe out there!!
Words aren't children and there's nothing wrong with killing them to clarify a point or keep the peace.