15 Vulcan S issues - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 10:41 PM Thread Starter

15 Vulcan S issues

Hey all,

I recent bought a used Vulcan S from a Harley dealer (big mistake, but the price was good and it only had 6k miles on it). I was told to my face it had all fresh fluids and a recent oil change upon being delivered. Being gullible, I never made a really thorough look over the bike and signed papers. A few hundred miles in, I went to clean it and noticed the oil filter was the original. I immediately went to parts store and changed it. I "upgraded" to synthetic oil (Mobil 1 10w40 4 stoke for motorcycles) and used a K&N filter. I filled to spec and cycled it back through the engine. Everything was fine and dandy, or so I thought. I noticed now that when I put the engine under load (say 1st gear 4500/5000 rpm) I get sudden sound of the releasing of pressure. It is dead nuts consistent, every time at 4500-5000 rpm, gears 1 and 2. Its like a lower tone version of the sound an air hose makes when you slip it off a valve stem (but I can still hear it over my aftermarket exhaust). If I shift the bike at lower rpm in slower areas, I'm not hearing it. More so under heavier load as stated. Could this have any correlation to the oil change? A friend of mine whos owned Jap motorcycles for years things it could be a coincidence, and it just so happens I have a bad seal on the rad cap ( or a crankcase related issue). The only other weird thing is around the kickstand mounting point and above, I occasionally get a clear, oil like fluid with a slight white hue (like soap) showing up. Any ideas??? Thanks for any and all help!

_xSchellshocked
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xschellshocked View Post
Hey all,

I recent bought a used Vulcan S from a Harley dealer (big mistake, but the price was good and it only had 6k miles on it). I was told to my face it had all fresh fluids and a recent oil change upon being delivered. Being gullible, I never made a really thorough look over the bike and signed papers. A few hundred miles in, I went to clean it and noticed the oil filter was the original. I immediately went to parts store and changed it. I "upgraded" to synthetic oil (Mobil 1 10w40 4 stoke for motorcycles) and used a K&N filter. I filled to spec and cycled it back through the engine. Everything was fine and dandy, or so I thought. I noticed now that when I put the engine under load (say 1st gear 4500/5000 rpm) I get sudden sound of the releasing of pressure. It is dead nuts consistent, every time at 4500-5000 rpm, gears 1 and 2. Its like a lower tone version of the sound an air hose makes when you slip it off a valve stem (but I can still hear it over my aftermarket exhaust). If I shift the bike at lower rpm in slower areas, I'm not hearing it. More so under heavier load as stated. Could this have any correlation to the oil change? A friend of mine whos owned Jap motorcycles for years things it could be a coincidence, and it just so happens I have a bad seal on the rad cap ( or a crankcase related issue). The only other weird thing is around the kickstand mounting point and above, I occasionally get a clear, oil like fluid with a slight white hue (like soap) showing up. Any ideas??? Thanks for any and all help!
the top motorcycle oil is on theriderbase website. Visit theriderbase that you might want to take into consideration
If you worry the quality of oil, you can use another synthetic oil for your engine and check again. I think Mobil 1 10w40 is not the reason.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page