Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Missing screws but that's a different story 😂

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  martin-csr 
#1 ·
Hello all I'm looking for the bolts or screws for the stator cover on an 82 kz750 car and I'm having a little trouble finding them online just wondering if anyone knows a sight or junkyard on where I can find them any help appreciated

#2 ·
Kawasaki dot come & Partzilla have parts diagrams. Partzilla is easier to use.
The size of the fasteners is often times listed in the diagrams.
From the diagrams at partzilla the generator cover uses 2 different sizes. M6 x 60mm & M6 x 30mm.
Z1Enterprises dot com may have the fasteners, gen cover gasket & other stuff for your motorcycle.
Sometimes you can find a new or used on EB, or a KZ parts "lot" that might have what you need.

#5 ·
Cool thanks for that information by any chance would you happen to know if any other model say like the LTD would those screws and bolts fit cuz I'm having hard time finding the ones I needed for the stator cover ended up going to Ace hardware for the one's I needed

#6 ·
Partzilla has a cross-reference. find your motorcycle, click the Engine covers diagram, then click the correct fasteners. They were probably used on other models.The x-ref list is probably gong to be long for a bolt, so be sure to scroll.

Partzilla >> OEM >> Kawasaki >> Motorcycle >> Year >> choose model

#7 ·
Engine code and paint code

Hello all I've appreciated the info I have been getting but now I have a new question the tag ony bike reads kz750m. But the stamping on the engine reads kz750 BE so I was wondering if like most things should the numbers match all the way around also is there a way to find what colory bike used to be like a coler code or something any feed back would greatly be appreciated

#8 ·
The engine number won't necessarily match the frame number & probably not in your case. The 750-Twin engine was pretty much unchanged thru the entire model run from 1976 to 84, so the base engine number probably wasn't changed.

You can check the frame number (or vin) & engine numbers at CycleChaos dot com or Zedder dot com.
Kawasaki Big Twin models >> KZ750B/G/M/K

The diagrams at Kawasaki dot com & Partzilla have the paint colors, but there are no useable paint codes for matching the paint. PaintWorkz & Colorite are a couple of places that have motorcycle paint. Also, you might be able to find someone on EB who sells matched the paint. Try searching for Sundance Blue paint, then see if that seller has your color. My bike is the sundance blue, so that's how I know about that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.