Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Tipped bike, didn’t have problems right away, can I still make claim?

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  martin-csr 
#1 ·
My bike got tipped over (not sure if it was a person being childish, or someone that can’t park/drive) and at first I noticed my gear shift lever was bent some, but still clearing everything to be able to shift, and I noticed no problems except that and a couple scratches on the fairings. Now that I’ve been riding it a little bit since then, It will occasionally make a sort of grinding noise when shifting from 1-2 or vice versa, and a couple times while I was accelerating I would shift, and it would pop back into the gear I was in shooting my revs up. This makes me think my shift forks are damaged, and I’m really not trying to pay that much to get it fixed for something I didn’t do. How long after an incident can you file a comprehensive claim? I have progressive if you know anything about them specifically.

#2 ·
Apologies for the double post!

My bike got tipped over (not sure if it was a person being childish, or someone that can’t park/drive) and at first I noticed my gear shift lever was bent some, but still clearing everything to be able to shift, and I noticed no problems except that and a couple scratches on the fairings. Now that I’ve been riding it a little bit since then, It will occasionally make a sort of grinding noise when shifting from 1-2 or vice versa, and a couple times while I was accelerating I would shift, and it would pop back into the gear I was in shooting my revs up. This makes me think my shift forks are damaged, and I’m really not trying to pay that much to get it fixed for something I didn’t do. How long after an incident can you file a comprehensive claim? I have progressive if you know anything about them specifically.

#3 ·
I asked a lawyer this exact question although it was for my house insurance. He said you probably have up to one year but they will give you a hard time for not reporting it right away. Different companies may have different policies. Why not call your agent and ask?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.