Hot wiring a 07 KAWI? - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-09-2008, 10:21 PM Thread Starter

Hot wiring a 07 KAWI?

I need help!! I purchased a salvaged 07 Kawi ZX-6 and it was missing the ignition switch. I purchased an ignition switch off of ebay but it did not come with a key. I have already took it to a locksmith, but he said he could not key it because of the new ignition switches!! It is going to be used as a track bike and I just want to figure out how to wire it with something like a toggle switch or something along those lines!!I have the service manual but it is way too complicated to figure out!! Any help would be appreciated!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 12:45 AM
nu2kawi
Forum Supporter

Might check with another locksmith. I asked the dealer here about the same bike with the same problem and was told to take it to a locksmith. The dealer said the locksmith could make one. Just goin by what I was told. I was asking for a friend, but haven't talked to the friend yet, to tell him.

07, Z1000
01, XVS1100LC Yam cust.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page