I just bought this 1888 kawasaki volca 1500 - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 06:59 PM Thread Starter

I just bought this 1888 kawasaki volca 1500

Im lost my first bike it wont do nothing i put new battery in it tried to start it held clutch in kuckstand up nothing happens when i hit the starter button help please anyone i reall wanna get it running so i can finish bobbing it out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 03:55 PM

Please don't think I am trying to be a smart guy, did you check the kill switch, even check inline fuses.. I assume it ran when purchased. Check switch on kickstand, if faulty or out of position it will send a negative signal of postion of stand.
Its usually something very easy causing problems.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 09:12 AM
BTK Expert

With the ignition switch ON, do the lights come on? What type of battery is it & did you properly service it or check it before installation? Never assume a battery is good >> test it. even if new.

Check the fuses >> there's a main fuse box w 30A fuse & a number of 10A fuses, and there's also a 30A fuse at the starter solenoid. The junction box is probably labeled to identify the fuses.

Simple load test (engine off). Charge the battery with a good motorcycle smart charger. It should be at least 12.6 VDC, but a good battery will be higher. With ignition switch on (engine off) & headlight high beam on, the voltage should drop to about 12.2 VDC. If it drops below 12 VDC, the battery may need replacing. If it drops below 11 VDC, the battery is probably shot. These are the numbers I use. there may be a chart on the internet.
I use a Ctek US 0.8 smart charger & VC97 digital multimeter.

1981 KZ650-CSR. Competition, Sports & Road.

Last edited by martin-csr; 04-25-2019 at 09:15 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 08:56 PM
BTK Expert

You need a wiring diagram if you don't have one. I just looked on line and there was a free manual on line that you can look at or you can buy them for as little as $20 at other places.

1985 Kawasaki ZN700 Shaft, 4cyl
1989 Yamaha Venture Royale
2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page