Project "Saki Bob" - Page 11 - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #101 of 253 (permalink) Old 05-26-2011, 11:45 PM Thread Starter
law don't go 'round here
BTK Expert

Re: Project "Saki Bob"

Went out for a short ride today when I got home from work, fun, fun fun... Im going to change the seat bracket and paint the fender but right now I'm riding so I'll get to it later. I realized this bike looks so much cooler than when I first bought it

Then:

Now:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]The lone biker of the apocalypse. A man with all the powers of **** at his command - H.I. McDonnough
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 253 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 07:02 PM Thread Starter
law don't go 'round here
BTK Expert

A few things I want to do:

narrow the bars and remove wiring/switches (too wide for splitin' SoCal traffic)
single cable throttle
drill some "hot rod" style holes here and there similar to the air cleaner
change the seat mount (the plain flat plate looks dumb)

Here is my idea of how I want the seat mount to look:

then I'll just weld it between the frame rails. Looks a lot more bike bones-ish ala Dave...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]The lone biker of the apocalypse. A man with all the powers of **** at his command - H.I. McDonnough
post #103 of 253 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011, 03:59 AM
girl watcher
BTK Expert

the plate for the seat looks like a good idea. I think it might also look good if you went the other route and instead of making it smaller to look better, if you made it bigger and covered the whole area under the seat. of course you couldn't weld it on unless you have one h$ll of a good battery. You were also right from your post before. that bike looks alot COOLer now then it did.
I do like the hot rod style holes though, they can really set a bike off if done right. Maybe wider rear fender struts that are widest at the top with large to small holes drilled in it.
You could put some in the gas tank...ha ha ha....seriously though i saw a bike in a mag once that I guy did that. the holes went all the way through the tank, but of course sealed. kinda like taking a 2" tube and pushing it through the side of your tank. I didnt really like it much, but I give him credit for being different.

I just wanna ride man, I just wanna ride!
95 Vulcan 800A "outcast" sold
99 Streetking
01 Roadstar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #104 of 253 (permalink) Old 06-06-2011, 12:27 PM Thread Starter
law don't go 'round here
BTK Expert

Just narrowed the bars by 4" and removed all the electircal from them this wknd. For you guys that have no wiring on your bars, where did you move the hi/low beam and blinker switches? I already got rid of the kill switch and moved the starter to the side cover, also rigged up a single cable throttle assembly.

Dave/Alley Rat - what is the easiest way to bore out a 7/8 mx master cylinder to 1" ?

post #105 of 253 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 07:32 AM
Pump Hopper
BTK Expert

my dimmer SW is operated by my left foot, I mounted a push on/off down there I really like it.
haven't got round to drilling out the MX yet, I plan to. its mounted with a gap but stays put.I was hoping I could just hold it while drilling and not disconnect,
I like using a step bit

Dave
95 Vulcan 800A-"Pump Hopper"
post #106 of 253 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 11:18 AM Thread Starter
law don't go 'round here
BTK Expert

Ya, I thought of the step bit too but my largest one only goes up to 3/4". Guess I'll have to look for a bigger one. I'm having trouble picturing how your headlight switch works in conjunction with your shift lever on the left peg...

post #107 of 253 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 12:29 PM
2000 Vulcan 800A
BTK Expert

I moved my dimmer switch to the headlight housing. Its a 3 way switch, so I can actually turn the headlight off. Not that I recommend that.
The switch is really small, and you can barely notice it there.
post #108 of 253 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 10:51 PM
Pump Hopper
BTK Expert

Dave
95 Vulcan 800A-"Pump Hopper"
post #109 of 253 (permalink) Old 06-08-2011, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greedyg76 View Post
Went out for a short ride today when I got home from work, fun, fun fun... Im going to change the seat bracket and paint the fender but right now I'm riding so I'll get to it later. I realized this bike looks so much cooler than when I first bought it

Then:

Now:

Do you have a pic with the seat off showing the plate that holds the springs of the seat.

I am just about to start my bobber and dont like the look of the west eagle or BCB covers that go under the seat, even though they cover the wires and battery I think they sort of spoil the look a bit.

Cheers

Den
post #110 of 253 (permalink) Old 06-08-2011, 01:34 PM
Bobber Lover
BTK Expert

Greedy

I agree your seat and seat plate are one of the nicer ones that I have seen and like. I am wondering how to do a plate similar to yours and have it work around my frame crossmember as I am leary about cutting that out of my frame. I do not what to hamper the structural integrity of the frame by removing the crossmember. I too would love to see closeup photos of your plate if you have some.

DC

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page