Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Gear Sites

31K views 42 replies 34 participants last post by  fieldinglion 
#1 ·
Happy Shopping!! :wink:

#3 ·
Add to the list: www.fulldaytouring.com - they make custom deerskin gloves, and I mean custom - from a drawing of your hand. I have 2 pairs, my husband has a pair, and another friend has a pair. They're great gloves. Mine came out so lovely, he put them in the website - mine are the red and black model of the Matawaska. It's hard for a woman to find great-fitting gloves, and this guy solved my problem.

#13 ·
I ride with an Olympia Motosports AST textile jacket for max visibility and almost year round wearability. (I have it in the men's size for fit -- women's usually too small for me - not to mention the men's version is even more blinding!) It has a very nice liner that keeps you toasty down into the 30's without any heated gear and the liner is cut like a real jacket you can wear anytime.

http://www.olympiamotosports.com/home.html

I found this site and am thinking about getting some chaps from them. Appears to be all textile. I like the light weight and the weatherproofing most textiles offer over leather.

http://www.coloradochaps.com/motorcycle_chaps.html

bik3rbunny

#15 ·
#19 ·
I have big calves (thanks to soccer) and I can't find any plain boots that will fit over them. Anyone have a similar issue and had any success?
sry I'm just now spotting this. The trick for you may be to find a good solid pair of velcro boots (such as AlpineStars, Sidi, etc). They come in a variety of colors and usually have a zipper/velcro on the bottom portion, and an additional velcro portion on top- allowing you to customize the fit to your calf and ankle.

#20 ·
I have big calves (thanks to soccer) and I can't find any plain boots that will fit over them. Anyone have a similar issue and had any success?
i have big calfs also and so far have had to go with low cut boots i have
Womens Vega/Nitro Metro Boots
Motorcycle Leather Boots from Milwaukee and Vega Nitro

if i ever find some high ones that will go over my calf i for sure will let you know icon boots not even close and sids do not either
it is a bummer big time

#22 ·
Can you try men's sizes? I have big calves from bicycle racing. Sidi low and race style work for me but I wear a size 10 in mens (44 Euro). I have a friend with the same problem. She ended up in Sidi race boots too. They have adjustable top area so you can make it wider at the calf. Good luck!

#23 ·
been browsing craigslist for some gear and on ebay too, was wondering if there is a number equivalent to a women's xxl. went by a cycle gear store yesterday tried on two different brands of women's jackets and they only came in the letter sizes, didn't bother to think to ask about numbers. found a leather jacket on craigslist but its a size 42 so i'm not sure how it corrolates to numbers? would it be too big? i know the only way to know is to try it on, but i would hate to drive 30 minutes for a jacket that's hella big.

also found some boots on there she says they are a 7.5, only problem is i wear a size 8/8.5 in women, 7 in men .. do motorcycle boots tend to run small, true, or large in size? fairly cheap price only 40 bucks (they are HD boots, but hey gear is gear right... at least for now until other monatary forms come thru for me)

thanks for any and all help ladies.

gonna post this over on the sport bike section as well

#24 ·
Wear to Try gears on?

Hi everyone,
My name is Angela. I am 21 yrs old I just bought my first bike, 2003 ninja 250. I just registered it under my name couple of days ago and am trying to find the right helmet and jacket.

I've checked many online stores, but I wanted to actually go into one of the stores to try out the jackets and the helmet especially.

I live in Los Angeles, CA near Santa MOnica, and I was wondering if anyone knew any stores I can go to, to try on some stuff! Any suggestions would be amazing! Thank you!

ANgela

#25 ·
Hi Angela,

Your inclination is correct- it's very important to try on gear in many cases, particularly when it comes to choosing a new helmet!
The best recommendation would be to simply go to any of your local bike shops and try the gear on. If you're looking to try on specific pieces, you can call the places ahead of time and see if they carry them. But it's best to try on a large variety of gear- from materials to brands- and get a better feel for what feels good, provides the coverage you want and has the pricetag you're looking for.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.