FS 1987 Kawasaki ZG1000 Concours - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006, 06:31 PM Thread Starter
Tod
Spinach Eating Moderator
Extreme Forum Supporter

FS 1987 Kawasaki ZG1000 Concours

It is a sad, sad day in Tod's World...Constance needs a new home.

I've been dragging my feet, trying to come up with any other solution to allow me to keep her, but I've had to face facts, and unfortunately now it's time for me to let her go.

I would preferrably like to sell her to a forum member, so I could still keep tabs on her.

http://austin.craigslist.org/mcy/203401664.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1987 Kawasaki ZG1000 Concours - $2500

The ZG1000 Kawasaki Concours is a 997cc, six speed, four cylinder, liquid cooled sport-touring motorcycle with a shaft drive. It has enough "sports" power to cruise at triple-digit speeds and is designed to negotiate twisty, canyon, mountain, or back-country roads with ease. With a full fairing, tall windshield, two removable locking luggage cases, and a 7.5 gallon gas tank that uses regular unleaded gas, The "Connie" will carry its pilot and passenger, plus accoutrements, across a continent in relative comfort and economy hence the "touring" part of the "sports-touring" depiction.

The Concours may be the best definition of the "ultimate utilitarian" motorcycle, since it has been around a long time, is generally very reliable, can be used for weekend "get aways," for multi-week cross-country excursions, is an able commuter bike, can handle many errands, and is considered the best motorcycle value in its class. Often referred to as motorcycling's "Best Bang For The Buck".

The Bike is in great shape, I love riding it anywhere and everywhere I can. Mechanically Sound, except for a small rattle that the shop says is the Cam-Chain Tensioner, and that I shouldn't worry about it until the next Valve Adjustment when it can be easily repaired/replaced. The bike also comes with custom Corbin Gunfighter and Lady seat.

I am not happy to be selling her, but pressing financial issues make it impossible to keep her.

Serious Inquiries Only Please!

“Saying what we think gives us a wider conversational range than saying what we know.” - Cullen Hightower
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-15-2006, 11:50 PM Thread Starter
Tod
Spinach Eating Moderator
Extreme Forum Supporter

Some of you know about this feeling.

Seeing some other guy touching your girl...fondling her right in front of you...letting her know he's interested...and there's nothing you can do about it.

Eventually he settles in, and actually turns her on...and takes her away from you.

Farewell Constance, I will miss you dearly, travel safely with your new man, he's a good guy, you'll have many happy miles together.

“Saying what we think gives us a wider conversational range than saying what we know.” - Cullen Hightower
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 12:33 AM
BTK Expert

I know, its hard to let go of a part of your life like that. almost brings a tear to your eye doesnt it? if I had the cash, your beauty there would be a loving new owner for her. I really would love to have a touring bike like that for long trips.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 12:41 AM
Guitar nerd
BTK Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to cudaosix
Sorry to hear you have to sell your Connie Tod. Shouldnt be a problem getting the asking price for it. Dont sweat it too much bro, theres another one in your future no doubt.

Over 40 MegaFonzies and rising

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-03-2006, 01:03 AM
C14 quick like a bunny!

Send a message via Yahoo to azchick
God has a plan and the plan is good!
I just wish he would plan to give me a windfall of money! I'd buy it in a heartbeat Tod!

Proud owner - Red 2009 C14 ABS
SOLD: 2005, 1600 Red Mean Streak
I am a warrior <3
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-03-2006, 01:37 PM Thread Starter
Tod
Spinach Eating Moderator
Extreme Forum Supporter

I sold her to a local guy named Ed. He's in the Guitar Business, and he loves her so much, he's hardly riding his BMW any more.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-04-2006, 11:04 AM
the "fun" guy
Extreme Forum Supporter

Tod, I didn't know you sold your baby!? WHY???

***KING KAHUNA***
***2007 V2K LT***

2007 Brute Force 650i
*I love the smell of SeaFoam in the morning*
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-04-2006, 02:17 PM Thread Starter
Tod
Spinach Eating Moderator
Extreme Forum Supporter

Long story short is, I had to raise money for my taxes...a lot of money.
So I had to liquidate some assets quickly. (both bikes and my truck)

Good news is, they went to good homes, and I raised the cash, so we get to keep the house.

I'm currently eyeing the new 1400GTR, and thinking of how I can possibly get my sweaty little mitts on one of those.

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-07-2006, 02:35 PM
C14 quick like a bunny!

Send a message via Yahoo to azchick
is a 1400GTR a BMW?

Proud owner - Red 2009 C14 ABS
SOLD: 2005, 1600 Red Mean Streak
I am a warrior <3

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page