Buying New Kawasaki 250R - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-11-2003, 09:37 AM Thread Starter

Buying New Kawasaki 250R

Hi, I am looking at purchasing a Kawasaki Ninja 250R, but the closest Kawasaki Dealer to me does not get more than probably 3 of them. And I would like to purchase the blue and black one. I was wondering if there was any way to purchase straight from the company instead of going through a dealership?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-11-2003, 03:29 PM
Proud Owner Of This Forum & Beartooth Kawasaki
Forum Supporter

No you cannot purchase from Kawasaki Corperate, We sell them here at Beartooth Kawasaki for $2999.00 we can't discount that bike because dealer cost is $2794.00 and we have to set it up on top of that, it is an entry level bike that is why the price is so low however our price is out the door assembled and ready.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 12:25 AM
BTK Expert

So your actual price is $2999? How much do you charge on an average for shipping?

The local dealer here wants to tag on about $1400 on top of that price... and being sane I thought that was rather unreasonable...

Another thing I couldn't easily discover where Beartooth Kawasaki is actually located... (city,state)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-19-2004, 02:00 PM
BTK Expert

NINJA 250R

Beartooth IS located in Red Lodge, MT...you just have to keep pushing buttons on the mouse. I'd suggest looking at their list of dealers, and finding one besides your in town one. Get a price quote on the color and bike that you want...you want the Out The Door (OTD) cost, and then ask him about any other charges..but leave out anything about your local dealer. Tell them you have to sleep on it...then go back to your local shop and see what they have to say about you "new found" deal. Like you were told previously, the 250R is already as low as they can mark it an dgoing to get one is man hours not only in paperwork but in shipping and receiving. Ask that if you go to the other shop and buy it what their fees are going to be. You might just find out, after all the phone conversation, that you may want to have someone take you out to another dealer, then have your local dealer service your bike. Servicing is something that comes with EVERY bike and not all of it can be done at home by the average rider. Have fun, enjoy the search, and keep it fun...get back to us on what you end up doing!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-19-2004, 04:17 PM
BTK Expert

well there are about 5 dealers in the area, only 2 of them answer their phone though, and are willing to give me a price over the phone. One of them thought that was a priveledged experience reserved only for customers that visited the store. So, the further of the two dealers will probably get my business. I have yet to contact the one just down the street that is interested in making as much money as possible off of the transaction. I can't purchase until March 20th anyways due to financial aid kicking in then... so I'm going to drop a deposit on a bike and hopefully get the closer dealer to get me the color and price that I want. If not the further one will get me the bike, just not the color I want. Either way I don't mind... I just want the bike...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page