My First Bike.. Help identify and possibly replace? - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-05-2018, 01:24 PM Thread Starter

My First Bike.. Help identify and possibly replace?

What was this old bike I had when I was a kid? My first ever machine..

I THINK it was a 79 but could have been like a 76-79.. I think it was like a light blue tank, like a metallic sky blue or maybe just very faded, chrome cap maybe..
I THINK it was a 90cc bike, and it had the carburetor down on the engine case on the right side by your right foot peg.. I remember the carb being there because I remember it catching on fire on me a couple of times, lol..
It had turn signals and a speedometer.. It had a standard hand clutch..

I have VERY fond memories of this old bike and think I want to acquire another one for sentimental purposes, but I was so young when I had it I don't really remember what it was exactly..

I have been looking and I think it is similar to the "KM90s" I see but it seems every year in the 70's kaw 90 had a different name?
What are the differences in the late 70's kaw 90 2smoke bikes? Rotary valve, "enduro" with the speedo and street legal lights..

Do you think it would be very hard for me to find one of these old bikes? I don't find much on them in searching and like none for sale..
Can a guy still find parts for them to rebuild an engine? Are they very similar in the 70's or are different years vastly different from each other?

What do you know about them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-05-2018, 07:23 PM
BTK Expert

To narrow it down, go to Partzilla & pick a Kawasaki model, then look up that model at CycleChaos.com. cyclechaos has photos & info for many Kawasaki models. I chose the 1976 KE100 & the fuel tank came in various colors, including blue. other models probably came in the same color, so you'd need to check various Kawasakis.

Partzilla >> OEM >> Kawasaki >> motorcycle >> year >> model

CycleChaos >> List of Kawasaki motorcycles

1981 KZ650-CSR. Competition, Sports & Road.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-05-2018, 07:54 PM
BTK Expert

Then after you figure out what model it is, search eebbaayy to see if there's one for sale & also search for parts to see what's available. At Partzilla click on various parts to see the cross-reference. one or two items may still be available from the dealer. I get most of my maintenance items & other stuff at Z1Enterprises dot com, but other than EB, I have no idea where you'd get parts for a small bike such as a KE100.

1981 KZ650-CSR. Competition, Sports & Road.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 11:59 PM
itching to ride
BTK Expert

Sounds like a rotary valve for sure. If you knew the year it would make things so much easier.
You must have been quite young not to remember what kind it was unless the badges were all off.

1986 LTD 454
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-15-2018, 01:52 PM

Sounds like a 1978 KM 100 (assuming it was an off road bike) or a 76 KH if a street bike. There's one of the latter currently on ebay.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page