z650SR D3 clutch switch - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 05:36 PM Thread Starter

z650SR D3 clutch switch

I am looking for a new clutch switch part number 27043002 no longer available with Kawasaki.
Can you buy aftermarket or do I have to pay through the noise for one on ebay.

Regards

Trevor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 08:44 PM
BTK Expert

You might be able to find a good used one on EB >> many KZs had the same switch. For a newer part you might be able to use the switch from a KZ1000-P Police (82-2005) if any of them have its wiring separate from the control housing wiring. Buying the control housing for the switch is probably going to be more expensive than getting the NOS part #27043-002.

I don't know if there's anything new/aftermarket that you can use. I checked Z1Enterprises dot com but didn't see anything.

Another option is to swap out the clutch perch & clutch lever from a ZN700 or some other model. The ZN700 had a switch that was used on many modern Kawasaki motorcycles.

1981 KZ650-CSR. Competition, Sports & Road.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 09:05 AM
BTK Expert

Are you in the UK? I saw a new aftermarket GPz 550 D1 clutch switch listed on EB-UK for pretty cheap.
I guess it's the same as the 650-D3. ??? In the USA the 550-D1 & 81 KZ650-CSR had the same switch.

Addendum to previous reply: after more careful checking, all of the KZ1000-P models had the clutch switch wired with the handlebar control & the models after around 1997 had a modern type of switch similar to the ZN mentioned. From EB pics the ZN700 clutch perch is physically similar to the 650, but I don't know if the clutch levers are the same or swappable for oem fitment.

1981 KZ650-CSR. Competition, Sports & Road.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page