Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

64 ish Kawasaki B8 125 - Looking for piston rings!

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  9094 
#1 ·
Hi all!

I am assembling an engine for a 1964-65 B8 125cc road bike.
I have a new 1.5mm over piston but need rings. I broke the top ring on install!!! AHH!

Any help?

Thanks all!

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Total Seal

I called everyone

Wiseco said - That's not our part - The piston says Wiseco on it, the box ix Wiseco..I know its super old. The dude was a total jerk. Kept cutting me off.

Hastings
- The woman didn't even ask me the motorcycle specifics. Literally said we dont have rings for that. I never told her the bike!!

Total Seal
- We have rings for that on the shelf - Yes!!! Not cheap but available.

Hope this info helps someone.

#5 ·
The fact that Total Seal has rings on the shelf is amazing. Price is relative to rarity, so the fact they have them makes them a bargain. Wiseco is usually really good about custom making rings for one off things. Might be worth another try. BTW, don't waste your time and money on "OEM" NOS crapola from Asia. I've spent 12 years behind a Kawasaki parts counter and run into all kinds of horror shows from that s**t.

#7 · (Edited)
Find an old motorcycle or auto parts store with paper catalogs and buyer's guides. The ring catalogs/guides will have size chart listings for rings, find a set with same bore and ring thickness and go for it. They used to be able to order single piston ring sets for people who broke a ring or had to pull a single piston out etc.

Though, being a 125cc, bore could be smaller than normal stuff. or larger,,, going through the size charts may lead you to another model/brand of bike that used the same as you now need. could be any number of other choices out there. Also check with places like JP cycle and Dennis Kirk

What is the new bore and ring thickness btw?

Edit: Any number of 2, 3 or 4 cyl bikes may have same sizes...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.