Show Off your Bobber! - Page 85 - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #841 of 1482 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 11:42 AM

Re: Show Off your Bobber!

Alley...it also had a windshield on it that was broken..that i took off..so theres some metal frame flush mounted around the headlight and attached to the leg covers..

DONT BE A WIENER TOUCHER !!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #842 of 1482 (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 05:00 AM
Project Bobber
BTK Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABARNES_330 View Post
Im soley blaming Frisco67 for this post!

...next thing i know the bobber project had begun without me,,yeah it was my hands on the wrenches and screwdrivers. but i didnt know what it all entailed... well the exhaust heat sheilds, turn signals, rear fender and, fender frames, and seat are off...Thanx Frisco...i was just gonna wade in,, not jump off the high dive..HEHEHE cant wait for the next plunge..heres pics of where im at and the cause of all this..WOO HOO
ABARNES, you have the right idea, just jump in and start pulling things off, you can't go wrong doing that really, its the putting things back that does your head in. But there is so many people like Frisco, El Skitzo & Alley.

I have bought and fitted so much stuff to my bike now thinking thats it its done.

Then changed the seat...the handlebars...the risers..the tyres.. mirrors..grips.... it just takes over your life, but in a good way. This site and people on here have moved me from riding like I was on Motogp on the roads on my R1 to sitting in my garage with my grinder and a big grin on my face!!!

If it ain't broke....... you didn't let me have a go!!
Successfully taking the p*ss since 1978
post #843 of 1482 (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 06:17 AM
Yet another 800 Bobber...
BTK Expert

Quote:
Next Im looking at the front end...should I get rid of the linebacker front leg covers for something more sleek or leave them for a hulkier stance????
Hi, I would consider keeping them if I had them. But I am also the guy who doesn't care too much about the less-is-more frenzy, just keep whatever looks good to you. It might not fit into the typical "Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums VN800 Bobber" style (if there is such a thing ) but it depends on what you're after. Not for the lightweight chopper but could look authentic in other applications.

How about this one from YouTube:

Or this one:

Currently a VN800A 1995 and a Harley-Davidson FXST 2001
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #844 of 1482 (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 10:42 AM
Moto Mez
BTK Expert

I agree with Thullan. I think the covers give the front end a good look especially if you have the stock tank on it. I put mine back on my bike because I thought the front end looked too scrawny with the bigger front tire.
post #845 of 1482 (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 04:31 PM
Bobber Builder
BTK Expert

Here is the latest picture of my bike taken today with the pipes wrapped and the tear drop intake.

Steve
2001 Vulcan 800A Bobber
post #846 of 1482 (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRISCO67 View Post
Your new girlfriends's figure is lookin' good there A/330. Just a suggestion, but why not take the covers off for now and save them, then if you get tired of that look you still have an option of putting them back on down the road. I think the fatter forks look good when they are powder coated black along with the sliders or painted as a last option, it just ends up with a lot of touch up maintenance. HEY! who's this Frisco guy you talkin about? I think you should hit the "ignore button" on him!.....but take his money first!
POWDER COAT...WTH??? that takes money !!! im doing this on the cheap. rattle bomb paint job, back of the shop welded pipes, hack saw EPA (carrot eaters) friendly parts, ect ect ect...i wanna see if i can bring this project in under $2000.00 including the cost of the bike..so $2000 - $1200 = $800 left to spend...lets see where that leaves me..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #847 of 1482 (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 09:03 PM

OKay...I heard the masses speak..after looking at the pics of my bike with the 16 inch front wheel and looking at Thullans with the 21 inch front wheel...the front leg covers (leg warmers???) stay...short fat front end vs. the tall skinny front end, you cant mix the two ....but Im definately dumping the "reverse elephant trunk" front fender and gonna shop for a smaller one.

post #848 of 1482 (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 10:20 PM

IMB4U...holy crap thats a nice looking bike..
where did you get the seat???? is it a leather seat??? did hardware come with it?? and cost???

post #849 of 1482 (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 11:21 PM
Gone Out For A Ride......
BTK Beginner

Quote:
OKay...I heard the masses speak..after looking at the pics of my bike with the 16 inch front wheel and looking at Thullans with the 21 inch front wheel...the front leg covers (leg warmers???) stay...short fat front end vs. the tall skinny front end, you cant mix the two ....but Im definately dumping the "reverse elephant trunk" front fender and gonna shop for a smaller one.
ABARNES330, take a look at the fork & wheel measurement I sent you see if my standard "A" will for you. If you want to work out a deal on a fender swap let me know.
post #850 of 1482 (permalink) Old 03-20-2010, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRISCO67 View Post
ABARNES330, take a look at the fork & wheel measurement I sent you see if my standard "A" will for you. If you want to work out a deal on a fender swap let me know.
Im all for that....but i have to get to the bike to check measurements.
(remember where the bike is??...and why its there??) you and i are going to spend more money shipping parts back and forth, than what our bikes cost us.

i thought of a deal.. my 2 fenders for your front fender and your wifes sigi bluetooth helmet! just tell her shes donating it to the better good of motorcycle riding since I cant get that helmet down here in the states (CANADA only item)...i wanna see pics of the black eye she gives you for trying to take away her helmet.....lol

Ill call you when the coast is clear and we can talk..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page