Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been working on these carbs for some time now. Can’t seem to get it to run right at low rpm. Found an air port clogged. Now that it’s getting the right air my screws are all messed up. Still doesn’t idle right and I’ve found people say two turns of the screws on front of the carb. Is that two turns from completely out or two from being completely screwed in? I’ve tried from completely screwed in and it idled at 3k rpm

·
Registered
1983 GPz 750, green
38 Posts
That would be 2 full revolutions out from completely closed. Turn the pilot jet screws fully clockwise until they stop. Then turn counter clockwise out 2 full revolutions of the screw, that opens them. Hope that helps you. That's the procedure. Could be anywhere from 1.5 turns out to 3 turns out. Depends on many variables.

·
Registered
674 Posts
A high idle can mean you have a vacuum leak. Make sure the vacuum lines to the carb are all connected and no cracks.
Also inspect the rubber boots that connect the carbs to the cylinder head. These can look fine but still leak air.
Some people use an unlit propane torch to detect air leaks. As propane gets sucked in, the engine rpm's will increase.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts