Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad bought a 2008 Kawasaki 750 V-twin fuel injected Brute Force. The previous owner replaced the piston rings, and could not get it start after reassembly. My dad has checked the compression and timing, it was good. It has spark and HAD fuel, now the injector light is on and the injectors are not working. Even with no fuel, he could not get it to hit even by spraying carburetor cleaner in the throttle body’s. It really does seem like the spark is not firing on time.

I work on tuner cars and know very little about ATV’s. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
You need to put the Brute Force on the dealer's diagnostic computer. Any other action is simply and honestly wasting your time, and guessing will lead to spending big bucks for parts you do not need.

These are now sophisticated machines with the fuel injection, and require the computer scan to determine the problems.

However, I am willing to venture a guess as to what happened. There are three conditions I see all the time:

The first is that the backyard repair guy did not evacuate the fuel injection, the fuel tank, or the fuel pump before he tore the engine down. The rig likely set for several weeks, and that is long enough to completely clog and damage the fuel injection, create trouble for the pressure pump, etc.

Or, he tore it down without removing the negative battery cable first, and blew the controller.

The engine also has a very complex valve train that has to be disassembled and reassembled in a prescriptive absolutely by the book sequence. That was probably not done, and now the cams are out of time. Unfortunately, this is not a simple hack and whack fix, but will also require the service manual and careful reading and following of the instructions to correct.

That is one of the risks on not following the repair manual sequence to the letter.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.