Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 Kawasaki Ninja zx9r E1 motorcycle, I have had it over 4 years now, this is my 5th Kawasaki street bike. Its got a 8 inch stretched swingarm, and since buying it used in 2015, I have replaced almost every part from the clutch cable, windscreen, IC ignitor, Rectifier/regulator, battery, clutch friction plates, and steel separators, several tires, just off the top of my head, I love the bike and don't mind putting time and money into it and enjoy doing the work myself. But I have several things going on so about a month ago got the clutch Kevlar friction plates, steel plates, thermostat, brakes, and tires and took it to a guy who does work on motorcycles in his spare time as he is retired, he synched my carbs about 6 months ago no problem, so I took it to him 3 weeks ago to replace the clutch plates, brakes, put new tires on and take my rear rim to get powder coated. He called to say everything was done and he was putting it back together. So since he is about a 45 min drive from me I headed that way. He called me when I was halfway there and asked me if I ever had problems going into second and third gear, which I have not so he said he would figure it out. So when I got there he said he had put the clutch back together incorrectly. He was in the process of putting it back on the right way and I had a doctor's appointment in the area so left him to it while I went to the doctor. While at my appointment he called to say that the clutch basket was broken and I need a new one. I was concerned but have a few medical issues that have taken precedence so I told him I would go back to my house and try to find one online. I did so and was in for some serious sticker shock when I saw the price tag. To wrap up my novel (sorry for the length, just want to make sure I'm as detailed as possible) The Kawasaki OEM diagrams call for part number 13095-1417 for the clutch housing, and I have looked online and have struggled to find the 13095-1417 that fits into my budget. So my question is would anyone be able to help me figure out if any other clutch housings are compatible that would fit my 2000 Kawasaki zx9r E1 model, any help is greatly appreciated and if I left any info out that would help I'll do my best to provide it because I am really starting to get upset because I want to ride my bike, I have a lot of medical problems the past few years and don't know if I will have much time to enjoy my bike, thanks

·
991 Posts
It sounds like your mechanic was responsible for the breakage. Has he offered to at least pay for the part?

I don't think you will be able to find any other compatible part, but that exact part was also used on 2003-2006 Z1000's.
In other words you will need 13095-1417 but 13095-1417 was used on the Z1000 also.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I had a feeling that was the case, I just happened to get lucky and find a barely used one from Australia express shipping for $93 out the door, which is way better than $ 435. Thank you for the reply appreciate the help, got the exact part coming hopefully in a few days will keep an update when fixed

1 - 3 of 3 Posts