Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this bike used and i was told it was never dropped. Looks absolutely clean so i'm assuming it wasn't (we have to trust people don't we).

So, when i'm idling at a traffic light there was a lot of vibration, sounded like something was rattling. I checked all the bolts/screws and narrowed it down to the right fairing near the radiator. The exact spot right in front of the orange reflector is at on the side. Now after about 600 miles it rattles even more. If I push it in and hold it there or pull it out and hold it there... the noice goes away.

What is the best solution for this. Since it is rubbing on the frame next to the radiator i'm afraid to put anything in between the two.

Any ideas?
Suresh

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This weekend I pulled off the fairing and found that it was infact not rubbing on the frame but infact on the radiator. I know this gets hot so is putting rubber there ok?

Suresh

·
Registered
456 Posts
Rubber on the radiator is no problem. You have rubber hoses on it already. It only gets a little over 200F. Just cut a little piece of rubber the size you need, then glue it to the radiator or to the fairing.
Curt

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
ANything

Even a tire patch, small piece of duct tape, even a piece of foam or a a dab of silicone and let it cure before you release it and let it touch. If you wanted to get a little clearance you could very carefully take a hair dryer and heat the plastic fairing...to get some clearance. I like silicone. It comes in black and various colors even clear, and it will come off if you really take some time with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts