Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a bayou 220 that was run out of oil after a year of setting up i redid the top end and now it wont idle it is hard starting and is real sluggish on power what can i do please help thanks joe

·
Registered
628 Posts
You can pull the spark plug out and try to pull the engine over by hand. If it's hard to pull with no compression, I'd say that the bottom end has a bearing going in it.

Other wise, I'd say that you have a carburetor problem like most every other bayou in the world. A stopped up carb would cause the symptoms you are describing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that is what i was thinking i pulled the over flow hose and pointed it downward and it is pouring gas out so i ordered one today from the local parts srore it will be in tommorrow i will try that and see if that is it but the motor spins over real easy thanks for the info

·
Registered
628 Posts
You're going to have to pull the carb and clean it out thoroughly. Gasoline breaks down after a certain amount of time and leaves deposits and gum inside the carburetor and that will cause it to stumble and hesitate.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The pilot and main jet in these machines have so many small holes, they need to be cleaned out by disassembly. You cannot just "spray and pray" that the jets and passages will come out clean. The tear down is extremely simple, and if you have any questions, use the search feature for this forum.

Lastly, you can look at any parts explosion on a parts website to see how everything is aligned.

And if you are really worried, just take pictures when you take it apart. Digital cameras are worth their weight in gold when it comes to the home mechanic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.