Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike ran real good until 2 days ago. When I hit the throttle it chokes the motor and I mean real boggy. SO bad it kills it. If you blip the throttle repeatedly you could almost keep it running. I had to walk the back about a mile to get home. The next morning I went and put a new plug in and it fired right away. I reved it for a few minutes thinking I found the cure. Shut the bike down grabbed my gear and fired her up again. and ffs when i got into the road it did the same thing. I am an experienced rider but have no clue what this could be. I thought maybe reeds or carb probs but dont want start tearing it apart without having a clue as what to look for. If anybody got an idea I would appreciate your time thx

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
more details.........
what did the plug look like
when was that last time you cleaned the air filter
what kinda conditions are you riding in
etc........

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The plug was a little wet but not black I would say a brownish color.
weather is still warm in the day about 70degrees lately
Air filter is clean I make sure of that.
I have tinkerd with it I can get it to run. But if I try to pull off in the yard it will bog down it is really strange. I can wait about 5 mins and it will start again ending with the same results.

·
Registered
5 Posts
take the plug out and check for spark make sure the spark is strong and not week. iv had week spark problems before and my bike ran like crap. but any ways probebly isent the problem but its an easy check. or do a copression check..

·
Registered
5 Posts
my blaster did that, i cleaned out the carb, and made sure my jetting was right and bought a new plug,(needed one anyway) worked for me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i cannot seem to find the info I need on this carb. Anyone got any ideas or some good resources on the 2001kx250 aka L3 thx

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I cannot seem to get this. I can start the bike and it runs good. I can blip the throttle for a bout 2 minutes and a soon as I try to open it all the way it bogs it til it dies even if I let the throttle go. Like it drowning HELP

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
like said above it may be the carb flooding your cylinder. could be a bad reed pedal,bad float height,maybe the main jet fell out etc.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All seems to be fine though. When I first kick it over it cranks no problem. After running for about 2 minutes (if that) it goes boggy. Thinking maybe rings went bad but still unsure

·
Registered
7 Posts
you foolish boy...are you running the right plug...make sure you have a plug that can handle a lot of heat..iradium maybe....mine was doing the same thing...so i got a new plug and it runs nice

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The first plug did it. This is why I went and got a new hotter plug. Problem is still here. I aint that foolish sunshine :wink:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I finally figured this out. Took me forever. The float valve in the carb has been letting way to much gas in flooding the chamber and soaking the spark plug. This has happened by jumping the bike alot and the float screw underneath has been hitting engine case. It has jammed it enough to leave a mark When I flip the carb upside down the float didnt stay level with the bottom of carb base this allowing the float to deliver an arse of gas. Anyhow I wanted to thank you guys for posting about this PITA. I am glad you guys are here. Thanx :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts